It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:47 am

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Dolomites in early June

My wife and I will be in northern Italy in early June and would like to do a one-night trip to a refugio. She isn't a big hiker, so I was thinking something like Monte Baldo where we could gain most of the elevation in a cable car. I know this is pretty early in the season, but any recommendations would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Connor
Read more : Dolomites in early June | Views : 8874 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Europe

Tra Mare e Monti Nord

I am planning on walking this path in the last week or two of April. It looks like it is open year round and fairly straight forward long walk/hike. If anyone has done this I would be interested in knowing about some of the accommodations and backup plan.

1 - It looks like there are plenty of bad reviews about the gîtes d'étape, so I am inclined to pass them by and make for a ...
Read more : Tra Mare e Monti Nord | Views : 2979 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Some help and ideas

Hello

I am looking for some guidance on a trip itinerary appropriate for my skill level.

I want to fly to katmandu, nepal and get out to do some trekking and climbing.

I have some experience with high altitude climbs which required mild to moderatley technical with a guide.

I would like to maybe do everest basecamp. I also would like to do a summit.. 1 to 3 days.nothing overly technical and not too expensive. ...
Read more : Some help and ideas | Views : 5200 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Asia

Help needed?

Summitpost received the following message and we don't quite know what to do with it. Any ideas? Do you think it legit or bogus? It seems odd they'd send it to us and not the Chilean authorities. Anyone know an appropriate address to forward it to?

Date: Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 9:39 AM
Subject: emergency situation from Chinese documentary team
To: office@adventurealternative.com <office@adventurealternative.com>, ...
Read more : Help needed? | Views : 2978 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

High Andes of Argentia in March?

We are considering a trip to the high Andes of Argentina in the second half of March 2019. We do not have flexibility in dates, and I'm hoping for advice on likely weather conditions. We will be flying to Mendoza and are interested to try a high summit, possibly Mercedario, via the normal route (we are ok with easy glacier travel and altitude acclimatization, but nothing very technical). I understand it is toward the end ...
Read more : High Andes of Argentia in March? | Views : 2540 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Map Sources ?

Hello,

I have been looking at all the map and bookstore sites, both here in the U.S., and also in Asia trying to find
sources for the following maps.
Want to purchase the typical (perhaps 1:100 000) folded paper maps of:

Kanchanjanga
Lhotse
Makalu
Cho Oyo
And several in the Karakoram region:
Gasherbrun I and II

Hard to believe, but I just can't find any source for.
Quite a few are available as "Trekking Maps" ...
Read more : Map Sources ? | Views : 3283 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

via ferratas Berriel Canyon removed.

All but one of the via ferratas in Berriel Canyon, Gran Canaria have been removed. Any one know why?
Read more : via ferratas Berriel Canyon removed. | Views : 2973 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Icefall climing in Shuangqiao Valley, China

Icefall climbing in Shuangqiao Valley, Mt.Siguniang/Four Girls Mountain, Sicuan, China. It is world-class icefall climbing place duirng winter December to Feb, there are over 30 icefall with grade from WI3- WI6. Local village guesthouse in the valley, provide the lodge and breakfast and dinner(100-160 CNY/ day), just bring your gear and equipment and some money. Shuangqiao Valley is a tourist venue charges 150CNY per first three days then extra day per 30 CNY.

If anyone ...
Read more : Icefall climing in Shuangqiao Valley, China | Views : 2980 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Asia

Partners for Aconcagua

Looking for a partner/s to do False polish(360) route between Jan 6 to Feb 15th.
makhavi@sonic.net
Read more : Partners for Aconcagua | Views : 3167 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557965 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136442