It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Wrong signature photo

This trip reporthttps://www.summitpost.org/valley-of-fire-neveda-off-trail-hiking/1069034 in Nevada is featured on the front page of Summitpost but the signature photo that shows on the front page of Summitpost is from a different trip report in New Mexico (not the signature photo on the actual page).
Read more : Wrong signature photo | Views : 952 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Google Ads & pop-ups

I know this is a free site, and I love the fact that Matt and company offers this, ya gotta keep the "lights on" and all, but my questions are, why do these ads pop up in the middle of sections, almost haphazardly separating content? Why are they in the middle of the page AND along the sides? This makes it hard to formulate and put together a page without knowing how these ads mess ...
Read more : Google Ads & pop-ups | Views : 1725 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Access Forum on Tapatalk

I am trying to sign into Summitpost on Tapatalk but it will not let me. When I enter my password it says Login failed, incorrect password, contact Board Administrator. Can someone help? I assuming it is the same password that I use to login into Summitpost online.

Or is there a better way to interface with Summitpost from an iPhone?

Npappani
Read more : Access Forum on Tapatalk | Views : 1931 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Unable to post new topic in California forum.

The "post new topic" button just directs me to my profile. Please help!
Read more : Unable to post new topic in California forum. | Views : 17038 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

New Mountain Page and trip report

I think I have my new Mt Herman and trip report goofed up a bit. I have the trip report under/at/clicked/box whatever ... at the parents tab/box/label thing. I did not know what parent/children meant, but its not right now on the Mt Herman page. How do I get it right, put it on route? Thanks Or just do your admin magic for people like me. There are too many loops to jump through to ...
Read more : New Mountain Page and trip report | Views : 5634 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Page Help

Forbidden ?

Dear administers, Elves,
About a week ago while looking at Summitpost on my iPad the monitor/screen went blank. Then I got this message:
Forbidden, You do not have permission to access this resource. I have not been able to look at summit post since.
Please fix this problem.
Best Regards,
Marc Soltan
Read more : Forbidden ? | Views : 1838 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Size of display

The size of my Summipost characters display (all pages) suddenly plunged to a very small size. I could have activated a reduction of the display inadvertently. How can I restore a much larger display? Thanks for your help.
Read more : Size of display | Views : 1885 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

403 Forbidden

I access Summitpost at home and at work. 2 weeks ago while at work on Google Chrome, when trying to go to Summitpost I received an error message that said "403 Forbidden" and since then I have not been able to get into Summitpost at work using Google Chrome. Today the same thing happened at home. I can no longer access Summitpost through Google Chrome. I am writing this note using "Microsoft Edge". At work, ...
Read more : 403 Forbidden | Views : 2299 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

No access on cellphones?

It seems that you can't view summitpost from a cell phone anymore.

It says Forbidden You don't have permission to access this resource.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Read more : No access on cellphones? | Views : 2136 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Correcting Wrong Info On Route Page

By chance, I found one piece of inconsistent info on a Route Page. It's the main route for a well-known mountain and that means it probably should be corrected. I was unable to find out what the SummitPost website procedure is for informing someone about it. Am I supposed to click on Additions & Corrections over on the right side of the Route Page and then enter the info there? Or . . . . ...
Read more : Correcting Wrong Info On Route Page | Views : 4062 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136408