It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:29 am

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Why is My Name Red?

If you look to the side you should notice that my name is in red letters. Why? On a whim I did some quick searching to see if anyone else is red, but only found my name, regardless whether they joined the forum before or after me, have more or fewer forums posts than me, or have more or fewer REI discount points than me. :-) Everyone ...
Read more : Why is My Name Red? | Views : 4192 | Replies : 4

Problem finding/attaching pages

I was trying to attach my new "Round Mountain" page to Scott's "La Sal Mountains" range. When I searched for "La sal Mountains" (while trying to attach or just looking for the range) I got the message: No names match your query.

I contacted Scott and he said anything that has "La", "El" etc in its name, will not come up. You must search for "Sal" not "La Sal". He said he has posted this ...
Read more : Problem finding/attaching pages | Views : 3808 | Replies : 0

Proposal-Submitting or Adopting pages you haven't climbed.

As an elf, and after discussing it with other elves, I'd like to propose to the general membership (and let you all decide) if there should be an official rule, rather than just a guideline, that for all future adoptions and page submissions that the owner of the page must have climbed or attempted the mountain. The only valid exceptions I can see are for an active volcano that is unclimbable, but that you can ...
Read more : Proposal-Submitting or Adopting pages you haven't climbed. | Views : 15902 | Replies : 33

No UBB code txt box for universal TR posting

In 2014? Uploading photos to each and every climbing site rather than simply cutting and pasting a .txt file with UBB code links to Flickr or other photo galleries, using their one click 'share' button, is soooo 1999, baby!
Read more : No UBB code txt box for universal TR posting | Views : 4266 | Replies : 2

Problems with MyTopo

The MyTopo maps for my mountain pages now start out with a map of the entire lower 48 states plus parts of Canada and zoom into somewhere in northwest Missouri by default. As a result, the utility of the topo map feature has been considerably reduced. Is there anything that can be done about this?
Read more : Problems with MyTopo | Views : 4915 | Replies : 5

Changes to Voting (Opinions Please) Changes to Voting (Opinions Please)

Happy New Year folks, with a new year comes new changes to SummitPost. A brand new version of SP is on the horizon which is planned to help benefit the user experience. The purpose of this thread is to gather community input on a new system of voting. Anything not related to voting goes in the other threads.

What is very likely:

A quick vote method that allows you to vote a 10 on images ...
Read more : Changes to Voting (Opinions Please) | Views : 35104 | Replies : 122

Re: Revert back to old versions of page

Of course there is! :) Here's an example for you Scott: http://www.summitpost.org/object_histor ... _id=150528

On the editor menu you will see an option called "View History" which is to the left of the delete link. Keep in mind that it only saves three versions.
Read more : Re: Revert back to old versions of page | Views : 3733 | Replies : 2

Not permitted to use "Forum Search"

Hello!

I'm new here so this might have an easy fix and I just couldn't manage to locate it.
But since I registered an account here on SP I can not use the Forum Search.
When trying it just displays:

"Sorry but you are not permitted to use the search system."

If I sign-out I can search as a guest which do not really make sense and its not really convenient to have to sign-out ...
Read more : Not permitted to use "Forum Search" | Views : 7098 | Replies : 7

Backcountry skiing & Winter mountaineering

How about a Backcountry Skiing & Winter Mountaineering forum ? Telemark Tips ,a great site with almost daily updates and trip reports ,has bit the dust and so far hasn't been replaced .
Read more : Backcountry skiing & Winter mountaineering | Views : 3872 | Replies : 2

Name Variations

I am curious if it is possible to include under "Query Name" (whether you are creating a page for a mountain, trip report, photo album, etc) a second box for alternate spellings. For example, the when searching on SummitPost for the mountain "Mustagh Ata" one doesn't find anything. There is some debate about the proper spelling of the peak, and it turns out that the page exists under the name "Muztagh Ata". Maybe this is ...
Read more : Name Variations | Views : 3348 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558076 • Total topics 55846 • Total members 136698