It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:57 am

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Time taken for uploading TRs (pics, text, and both combined)

Hi:

I had emailed (inboxed) Rob recently with a few suggestions regarding uploading trip reports on SP. He recommended me to write a new post on the feedback section of the forum, where Matt would see it - who would eventually do something about it. So, here it goes - A few improvements, which will help speed up the process of uploading TRs, which otherwise takes a LOT of time....

1 - The "Bulk-uploader" has ...
Read more : Time taken for uploading TRs (pics, text, and both combined) | Views : 2629 | Replies : 1

More Ads Lately?

The auto play pop up ads are less frequent, it seems, and they wait a few seconds before becoming audible so you have a chance to close them. But now I am getting saturated with static ads all over summitpost: above, on the sides, in between features, and below. This is even though my profile says 'minimal ads'. Did a decision get made to allow more ads or has something changed? Any one else noticing ...
Read more : More Ads Lately? | Views : 48257 | Replies : 98

Poof!

I was working on a new page on 16-17 October. It disappeared - the still under construction page and all associated images.
Read more : Poof! | Views : 2989 | Replies : 3

HTTPS/SSL

summitpost.org does not have HTTPS/SSL support. https://www.summitpost.org
Please change this soon as we login with passwords which should be transferred over an encrypted connection.

To implement this change and enforce HTTPS is really easy and with letsencrypt certificates it does not cost anything.

thanks!
Read more : HTTPS/SSL | Views : 2787 | Replies : 2

Auto play video pop up ads

I've noticed auto play video pop up ads on the site lately. I must say these really grate my nerves. Are these going to become the norm? Hate to say it, but it's already becoming a deterrent to using the site. :evil:
Read more : Auto play video pop up ads | Views : 6506 | Replies : 12

Rude welcome

Hi,

After seeing that there were plenty of helpful and knowledgeable people on this forum, I registered to post a question about a trip I'm planning to Mexico. I should mention that I've been on numerous forums like this over the years and have moderated a couple myself.

After registration, which took a day due to the requirement for moderator approval, I tried to post my question. It took another half a day for the ...
Read more : Rude welcome | Views : 3484 | Replies : 4

Disappearing Summit Log entries

What's up?

Brian Jenkins was complaining about this and now I have discovered that a number of my entries and Moni's entries are gone.
Read more : Disappearing Summit Log entries | Views : 2933 | Replies : 3

where to upload GPX tracks on SP?

Hello summitpost friends,

Is there a place on this big website to upload GPX tracks?
Having a track file for most of not all of the routes here would be incredibly helpful for anyone who wants to try that route.

I have hundreds of tracks that I would be glad to upload and share.

If there is a place on Summit post to upload it tracks and I haven't found it yet, can you please ...
Read more : where to upload GPX tracks on SP? | Views : 2868 | Replies : 1

Request: Adding a page in the "External Links"-Section

Dear Admins,

I hope this is the right place to ask. Some weeks ago I climbed the Iztaccihuatl in Mexico. Awesome place!
The entry on summitpost reeeeaaally helped me planing this trip...

After that, I created a little trip report in my private blog with lots of images.
Is it possible to link this entry in the "external links" section of the Iztaccihuatl page? I think it could be interesting for some people.

A little ...
Read more : Request: Adding a page in the "External Links"-Section | Views : 3970 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557962 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136434