It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 5:51 pm

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Looking for partners - Circo de los Alteres (El Chalten)

Hi everyone,

I will be in El Chalten in january 2015 and I'd like to do the "Circo de los Alteres":
http://www.wikiexplora.com/index.php/Ci ... os_Altares

Unfortunately, I will travel by myself and I am looking for partners (a group of 3, including me, would be perfect). The idea is to rent some equipment at El Chalten (if needed) and then do the trek.

You can contact me through summitpost or ...
Read more : Looking for partners - Circo de los Alteres (El Chalten) | Views : 2978 | Replies : 0

Looking for ideas of hikes/climbs Huaraz

Hi fellow climbers,

I am doing a road trip from California (started in Feb) to Argentina (until Feb 2015) and back to Venezuela from the other side (until June 2015) My route for the next 6 months (Aug to Jan) months will be going from Ecuador to Ushuaia (the southern most city in Argentina) all along the andes.

I have about 15 days from Aug 15 to Aug 30 that I want to spend close ...
Read more : Looking for ideas of hikes/climbs Huaraz | Views : 3264 | Replies : 1

Conditions on Alpamayo and Huascaran?

Hey folks,

Does anybody have updated information about avalanche conditions on Alpamayo and Huascaran? Was snowfall normal this season?

Planning on going there in beg-mid August...

Nick
Read more : Conditions on Alpamayo and Huascaran? | Views : 3819 | Replies : 2

Cordillera Blanca Climbing Course-July 2014

Hi,
I'm travelling to Huaraz and hoping to do a 6 day mountaineering course around 20th July 2014 and am looking for one or two others to join the group in order to make it feasible. Have climbed in this range quite a few times but looking to develop more skills so that I can be more independent in these mountains when I return each year. This link gives an idea of what would be ...
Read more : Cordillera Blanca Climbing Course-July 2014 | Views : 3163 | Replies : 0

Two Italians missing on Alpamayo

http://ancashnoticias.com/detalle-noticia.php?id=policiales.4234

Missing since Saturday 31st of May. Helicopter has been out twice as far as I know, with no success. Unfortunately, I know these guys quite well, having climbed with them a number of times over the last couple of years. Two of them have made it back safely to BC, two are still missing.

One of the two that are missing was a colleague of mine. I took him up his first 4K summit ...
Read more : Two Italians missing on Alpamayo | Views : 4331 | Replies : 4

Illiniza and Antisana

I'm looking to talk with anyone who has climbed Illiniza Sur and/or Antisana Sur.

If anyone has experience with either of these mountains and would be willing to answer a few questions then please let me know.

Cheers

Jonny
Read more : Illiniza and Antisana | Views : 4824 | Replies : 6

Cordillera Blanca Conditions 2014

I´m initiating this topic in order for people to help each other out since it is in fact an El Niño year, and maybe this topic will help others in planning.

Rain is in fact taking a little too long to disappear. I was in Ishinca valley last week climbing Urus and Ishinca. Climbable but conditions weren´t perfect. Tocllaraju´s west face was super packed with snow, and other west facing faces are similar and should ...
Read more : Cordillera Blanca Conditions 2014 | Views : 4401 | Replies : 3

Electrolyte powder in Peru

Can anyone in here tell me if you can buy any type of electrolyte powder in Peru, preferably Huaraz, but if not, Lima would be ok?
Read more : Electrolyte powder in Peru | Views : 7378 | Replies : 7

Chile-Bolivia-Peru May-June-July

My wife Susan and I are currently working our way north from Chile to Peru (flying back to the UK at the end of July).

It's a backpacking trip with a bit of mountaineering thrown in. We've got a rope, harnesses, axes and crampons with us as well as a minimal rack for safety on glaciated terrain.

We've attempted a couple of peaks so far on the trip (Cerro del Plomo 5424m near to Santiago ...
Read more : Chile-Bolivia-Peru May-June-July | Views : 3044 | Replies : 0

Pulling trigger on Aconcagua. Questions.

Sorry for all the questions but it will best for me to ask them all at once than over multiple posts.

- I am interested to know whether people have a preference to go in December (colder/less busy) or in January (warmer/busier)

- I've done Kilimanjaro, Elbrus, Island Peak and Huayna Potosi. I have never really had issues with altitude apart from one day on Elbrus we went from 2100m to 4500m and back down ...
Read more : Pulling trigger on Aconcagua. Questions. | Views : 7256 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558001 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136526