It is currently Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:25 pm

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Partner wanted for Aconcagua this Dec/Jan

mtvalley and I are planning a trip to Aconcagua this season. We're looking for one more person to join us. We're planning on doing the Polish Direct sometime between Dec 15th and Jan 15th. Our dates are not set yet. Previous Altitude/expedition experience required.

See our partner request post if you're interested: http://www.summitpost.org/plans/view_activity.php?post_id=9983
Read more : Partner wanted for Aconcagua this Dec/Jan | Views : 5687 | Replies : 8

Sajama

I read on the Sajama page that they do not allow climbing after October. I fly to La Paz on the 31st and would like to know before I leave if I will be able to climb. Thank you for any information. Any extra information on traveling to Sajama from La Paz would be appreciated. Thank you
Read more : Sajama | Views : 2679 | Replies : 1

Cordillera Real - 6000m plus peaks in the Bolivian Andes

I recently climbed some amazing peaks in the Cordillera Real mountain range in Bolivia. I would highly recommend this range and have documented my climbs, including four high definition videos, here - http://www.high-empire.tumblr.com

If you’re looking for a reasonably long mountaineering trip (three weeks minimum) take a look and I’m sure you’ll be inspired.

What are other peoples views on the Cordillera Real?

Cheers,

Mark
Read more : Cordillera Real - 6000m plus peaks in the Bolivian Andes | Views : 3709 | Replies : 3

Fitness Training

Im doing Aconcaqua December 2013 and wonder if people can give me tips/recommendations on increasing my cardio fitness.
I live in the South West of the UK so pretty flat nearest peaks are Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia which I am usually up every other weekend carrying 20kg and really pushing the pace.
Im also using a Personnel trainer which I always swore I would never use one as Ive always been more than motivated at ...
Read more : Fitness Training | Views : 3479 | Replies : 3

Could I do Aconcagua?

I don't think I am particularly fit. I just summited Elbrus last week and that felt very hard.

If I went to try Aconcagua it would be January giving me 3 months mayyyybe 4 months training between then and now. I am from Australia so everything would be at sea level and I wouldn't be able to get in any small climbs (Cotopaxi for example) just before going to do Aconcagua. It would be straight ...
Read more : Could I do Aconcagua? | Views : 34017 | Replies : 58

Ecuador mountaineering school

I have always had an interest in mountaineering and decided to make 2014 the year I try it out. My thought was to take one of the week long courses by IMG or AAI on Rainier, but I hate to have to wait until next summer. I noticed that Mountain Madness has courses in Ecuador in January/February which would be perfect for my schedule. Content seems similar to the other programs with the added benefit ...
Read more : Ecuador mountaineering school | Views : 3758 | Replies : 3

Peru/Bolivia in December

I might be doing a month long rotation for beef up my Spanish. I was considering southern Peru or Bolivia but have limited beta on the weather there during that month.

If anyone has any info about December climbing anywhere in those two countries, please, please share with me. Thanks!
:)
Read more : Peru/Bolivia in December | Views : 5872 | Replies : 6

Aconcagua

Does anyone have GPS tracks and way points for the normal route on Aconcagua? I've done a pretty thorough internet search and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanx!
Read more : Aconcagua | Views : 3982 | Replies : 3

Aconcagua and flying from the states

I've come across a couple different ways to get to Mendoza or at least that other groups have gotten there. I've heard of people booking their flights directly to Mendoza thru Santiago and I've also heard of them booking a flight to Santiago and then at Santiago booking a separate flight to Mendoza.

Anyone here have any recent experience with this or know of anyone from the states that has flown down there in the ...
Read more : Aconcagua and flying from the states | Views : 3768 | Replies : 6

Aconcagua Guide Recommendations

I’m planning to climb Aconcagua this December and considering several local companies for a guided climb. Has anybody heard about or had any experience with Aconcagua Adventures?

http://www.aconcaguaadventures.com/
Read more : Aconcagua Guide Recommendations | Views : 2561 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558060 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136657