It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 3:22 pm

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Nice Trip

Gone like that, what a great trip it was to attemp Aconcagua and meet up with other SPers down there. I am so exhausted at the time but had a great try at it. My problem was lack of a good tent and gloves and maybe going a bit to fast. Went Puenta de Inca to Ibanez (1 day), Ibanez to Canada (1 day), Canada to Berlin (1 day), and on the final day feeling ...
Read more : Nice Trip | Views : 4137 | Replies : 26

Guides for Aconcaqua climb

Hi,

I have another question about Aconcagua guides. Does anyone have an experience with Aymara Adventures & Expeditions?

Many thanks,

Petra
Read more : Guides for Aconcaqua climb | Views : 1966 | Replies : 4

Aconcagua guides

Hi there,

Is there anyone out there who has climbed with Aventuras Patagonicas (who can give me an impression of their service) or would like to recommend a guide service for the normal route/slog? My timeframe is Jan/early Feb '08.

Thanks in advance!

Woodie
Read more : Aconcagua guides | Views : 3754 | Replies : 12

Around the World: South America

In about a year and a half I will be embarking on a round the world trip including: Central and South America, Africa, Asia, and Australia.

Here's what I want to do in Outside South America:

Peru
-Macchu Picchu trek
-Trek Cordillera Blanca
-Cordillera Huayhash
-and/or
-Alpamayo Circuit
-1 or 2 peaks (50 degree snow and ice or less, mid-fifth class or bellow)

Chile/Argentina
-Torres Del Paine
-and/or
-Fitzroy
-Maybe a peak (or a spectacular ...
Read more : Around the World: South America | Views : 2591 | Replies : 6

Stove Fuel in Mendoza

I need to buy compressed-gas stove fuel (isobutane, butane, propane, fartgas, whatever, etc.) for a Jetboil stove before an Aconcagua trip, and I would like to buy it before leaving town in Mendoza. I have already established that the Jetboil works at high elevation, so that is not an issue.

Specific street directions would be great, but I'll take whatever information I can get, of course.

If the fuel I need is available at Plaza ...
Read more : Stove Fuel in Mendoza | Views : 2625 | Replies : 6

Radios on Aconcagua

Does anyone know what radio frequencies are used on Aconcagua? Are they "marine" frequenies. I guess what I really want to know is what kind of radio will work. Thanks
Read more : Radios on Aconcagua | Views : 1957 | Replies : 5

How to Keep Your Feet Warm in the Winter

Quick question.
I recently bought Nepal Evo Boots from La Sportiva. Let me tell you, they are amazing! I love that they are light and have a little more flex around the ankle since they are leather. They also have the same stiff sole and welts like plastic boots. The problem is, last time I went winter mountaineering (Drift Peak) my feet got really cold! It was a very cold day, below zero for sure ...
Read more : How to Keep Your Feet Warm in the Winter | Views : 6664 | Replies : 17

Hosteria Papagayo

What are your opinions/experiences? What climbs are close to this area?
Read more : Hosteria Papagayo | Views : 1032 | Replies : 3

Illiniza Norte - normal route

Hello,

Has anybody climbed Iliniza Norte via the normal route ?

What are the chances to find ice/snow in June ?
Easy climbing ? Easy to find its way through ?

Thanks to anybody who could help :)
Read more : Illiniza Norte - normal route | Views : 4443 | Replies : 10

ATACAMA-LASCAR VOLCANO

Hello!
I plan to go to Atacama in februaru(with a group of friends),
and climb Lascar(5150m) and Cerro Pili(6040m).
How could we reach the starting points for climbing that peaks?
Is there any bus to Talabre and than 4x4 to the foothill,or we d better hire a vehicle with driver and perhaps a guide in S.Pedro?
Does anybody know how much we should pay for that?(transfer to Lascar and afterwards to Pili...)
Anyone did it ...
Read more : ATACAMA-LASCAR VOLCANO | Views : 1117 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558015 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136577