It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:24 am

News News of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Site map of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX) » Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Story of the wrecked car off Weatherford Trail?

Does anyone know what the story is behind the wrecked truck off the Weatherford Trail on Humphreys Peak? It is down the hill from the hairpin just a hundred meters or so before Doyle Saddle (first saddle). Here's a picture I took a couple months ago: http://www.summitpost.org/car-wreck-below-doyle-saddle/808818/c-155544

I know the trail was originally a Model-T and jeep road, but it is long overgrown and the area was made wilderness in 1986 (?) so the ...
Read more : Story of the wrecked car off Weatherford Trail? | Views : 5300 | Replies : 6

Most photogenic/distinctive side of Humphreys Peak

Is there an iconic side of the peak? I have scanned the gallery and I think the view from Agassiz is the most distinctive, but I certainly can be wrong. I am curious what y'all think.
Read more : Most photogenic/distinctive side of Humphreys Peak | Views : 2007 | Replies : 1

North ridge of Humphrey's Peak

Just curious if anyone's done this route? Any info would be appreciated.
Read more : North ridge of Humphrey's Peak | Views : 4005 | Replies : 9

Dicey in AZ.

Hey everyone,
I've climbed the tallest in Arizona and I'm just looking for something a little more "dicey". Does anyone know of anything a little more challenging?
Read more : Dicey in AZ. | Views : 12268 | Replies : 23

Breaker-breaker Tuscon.....copy?

Lookin' for desertgirlaz outta Tucson.....come on back?
Read more : Breaker-breaker Tuscon.....copy? | Views : 2186 | Replies : 1

Ruby Dome road quality

I am joining several friends on a trip to Ruby Dome on Saturday the 18th. We are planning on camping near the trailhead, as my friend will get keys in Spring Creek before 5pm. Is the road past the gate okay for 2WD?
Read more : Ruby Dome road quality | Views : 2510 | Replies : 1

Just Moved to Albuquerque

I started a thread on Boise vs. Albuquerque a while back and decided to move to ABQ based on a superior job fit. Anyhow, I am loving the hiking in the Sandias so far. I have hiked Cienega trail, Tree Spring trail, and Embudito trail to South Sandia Peak in the first week and am surprised by how green some of the areas are. I'm hoping to meet some partners based in ABQ for day ...
Read more : Just Moved to Albuquerque | Views : 3060 | Replies : 7

It was soooo hot in AZ today ..

... that .. I fried three eggs on the sidewalk, and utilized the steam to power up a percolator that produced five cups of scalding hot coffee ....

we need some rain, please ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFYu4KOmgeQ
Read more : It was soooo hot in AZ today .. | Views : 8978 | Replies : 18

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557998 • Total topics 55842 • Total members 136523