It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:03 pm

News News of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Site map of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX) » Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Another AZ Bear Attack ..

The first ... (a few weeks ago) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GieLFwRObA

And another a few days ago .. (at 171 Black Bear Trail ... :shock: )

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Bear-attacks-man-near-Payson-160024615.html

What's (the hell's) up with the Bears ? ?
Read more : Another AZ Bear Attack .. | Views : 10589 | Replies : 21

Want to go to Mt. Grant?

Completing Nevada's county highpoints would be a piece of cake with the exception of Mt. Grant which lies on property owned by the US Army. Last September fellow highpointers put together the first ever Mt. Grant Challenge, a charity event that let's you get to the summit of Mt. Grant with the cooperation of the US Army and a bevy of volunteers from the lovely nearby town of Hawthorne. They're doing it again this year, ...
Read more : Want to go to Mt. Grant? | Views : 3774 | Replies : 5

Lost phone (photos especially) - Lake Peak, NM

The phone was found and returned! Thanks to anyone who kept an eye out for it.

Thanks!

~Mike
Read more : Lost phone (photos especially) - Lake Peak, NM | Views : 2005 | Replies : 0

Boundary pk, NV conditions

I'm headed to Boundary in a few days, Just curious if anyone has been there to tell what it's like?
Read more : Boundary pk, NV conditions | Views : 2705 | Replies : 4

Grand Canyon Trip

My family and I were hoping to plan a trip to the Grand Canyon this summer, and, never having been there before, was wondering if anyone had any advice? We have no idea which end we'd like to focus on, or which side either, so advice on any portion of the canyon would be great. I was hoping to get in some canyoneering/hiking, rafting/kayaking , mountain biking, swimming (DWS, maybe?), and sightseeing in. It's a ...
Read more : Grand Canyon Trip | Views : 3793 | Replies : 9

Mt. Wheeler help

We are climbing Mt. Wheeler next week (6-4-12) and a bit new to the climbing scene.
Any suggestions on must-have equipment and clothing would be great help!
Also, an early June climb and what kind of snow to expect?

Thanks
Read more : Mt. Wheeler help | Views : 3812 | Replies : 11

Kachina Peak? Kachina Peak?

Hello everyone! I will be coming to the Taos area from Dallas to hike Wheeler Peak in the beginning of June. I'm looking at my schedule and am finding an extra day. Is it worth hiking up the ski runs to make it to Kachina Peak? I couldn't find many trip reports of a hike up the ski lifts and over to Kachina. I saw some blog posts about people who took the lifts up ...
Read more : Kachina Peak? | Views : 2585 | Replies : 2

2 permits for Grand Cnyon

Have 2 spots for May 21/22 night in Bright Angel Campground
Read more : 2 permits for Grand Cnyon | Views : 1642 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558042 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136628