It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:51 pm

News News of US - California

Site map of US - California » Forum : US - California

Find climbing partners in California

Mt. Williamson

Edited. Climb complete.
Read more : Mt. Williamson | Views : 6306 | Replies : 4

Devils Crag #1 Partners

By some criteria the hardest peak in the Sierra.

Who wants to go climb this bitch with me?
Read more : Devils Crag #1 Partners | Views : 5599 | Replies : 3

Looking for partners for Sierra peaks

Looking for partners for 4th class scrambling routes up peaks, available most weekends and have 4 day weekends:

Norman Clyde
Mt. Gardiner
Clyde Minaret
LeConte to Corcoran traverse (with surrounding peaks linkup)

dayhikes only
Read more : Looking for partners for Sierra peaks | Views : 11100 | Replies : 13

Palisades End of July

Hey There,
I'm looking for a lead climber to climb N. Pal, Starlight and Thunderbolt with sometime at the end of July or first week in August. I'm flexible.

Most of my experience is solo so I tend to stay on class 3 stuff. I climb 5.10b in the gym and know my ropes well, just don't have any lead experience.

Thanks, Ted
Read more : Palisades End of July | Views : 3645 | Replies : 0

Looking for climbing partner May 17-19

Hey there,

I need a climbing partner for this weekend. I'll be off the couch, so won't be at my best but I should be decent. Looking to climb trad up to 5.10 in the Valley, Toulumne, Calaveras Domes, Shuteye Ridge, etc..I have gear, ropes and car...

I live in Oakland.

Thanks.

-Hamid
Read more : Looking for climbing partner May 17-19 | Views : 4498 | Replies : 0

Mt Shasta glaciers traverse, all of them at once

I wonder if anyone here would be up to the traverse of all glaciers on Shasta at once.

My plan is to traverse from Sargents Ridge (or get down from Red Banks near Thumb Rock) to Konwakiton Glacier (I did this part a long time ago) and then cross Wintun, Hotlum, Bolam Glaciers and finally climb up Whitney Glacier to the plateau (north split) or to the base of Misery Hill (south split).

This traverse ...
Read more : Mt Shasta glaciers traverse, all of them at once | Views : 5921 | Replies : 2

Information overload

I have come to the conclusion that no amount of reading is going to teach me the skills necessary for real mountaineering. I need someone with the patience and willingness to show me the ropes without cutting in to the meager budget I have for gear right now. I am based in the Sacramento area and need to get back out in the backcountry. 27, male, halfway decent shape, old enough to not be a ...
Read more : Information overload | Views : 3905 | Replies : 2

San Gorgonio and Mt. Baldy

I'm planning to attempt both of the above peaks in April. Has anyone been up the Vivian Creek Trail to S.G. or up the trail from the ski lifts to Mt. Baldy recently? Has this been a normal snow year? Does someone know what I could reasonably expect for snow conditions on these trails in mid-April? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Read more : San Gorgonio and Mt. Baldy | Views : 5000 | Replies : 1

Mt Shasta in April - May and beyond - route of your choice

I’m looking for buddies from BA (best SF) to carpool to and climb Shasta starting mid April through the whole season. With a proper notice I might go at any time (weekends or weekdays).

I’m indifferent if you are a beginner(s) or advanced mountaineer(s). We can climb together or separately, any route, rope / no rope. We can even practice crevasse rescue if you want. All up to you.

Perhaps we could also do a ...
Read more : Mt Shasta in April - May and beyond - route of your choice | Views : 8390 | Replies : 9

socal winter climbs

i don't know if i'm allowed to mention commercial outfits on the site, so i will just say that in two weeks i am taking a two day snow travel class with a major outfit.

i am looking for some easy winter climbs in the so cal area, especially in the sgwa (if such an animal exists), and a partner who can put up with a n00b. i would like to put my learning to ...
Read more : socal winter climbs | Views : 4067 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558023 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136597