It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:00 am

News News of US - California

Site map of US - California » Forum : US - California

Find climbing partners in California

Climbers/Mountaineers Bay Area (Berkeley)

Hello
Having the chance to visit Berkeley for one year I will start this march working at the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory for my PhD. I would love to find some buddys there to go climbing or mountaineering.

About me:
I´m 28 years old, come from Germany (Bavaria) just north of the alps. I lived the last three years in Innsbruck (Austria) studying and of course spend a lot of time climbing/hiking/skitouring. I allready have some ...
Read more : Climbers/Mountaineers Bay Area (Berkeley) | Views : 6394 | Replies : 3

Mt Shasta/Sergeant's Ridge

Hi all,

I'm new to the mountaineering scene. A friend and I are looking to climb Shasta this spring, probably towards late May time frame. We both have a lot of outdoor experience, and he has more dealing with climbing than I do. Is Sergeant's Ridge a difficult route to climb? It seems like that when you get towards the top...any ideas what the conditions on that route are for the May? I'm looking for ...
Read more : Mt Shasta/Sergeant's Ridge | Views : 5898 | Replies : 3

May Cali Climbing Trip

Hi,

I am seeking partners for a 4 week trip to California, starting in early May. Actual dates to be confirmed. I am primarily interested in Johsua Tree, Bishop, Yosemite, Tolumne, and the High Sierra. However, I am open to other destinations.

I tend to prefer alpine & long multi-pitch climbs, but I also enjoy single pitch cragging and bouldering.

I am a bit out of practice, so it will take me a few days ...
Read more : May Cali Climbing Trip | Views : 4033 | Replies : 0

Mt Whitney MR April 7th week

Hey there. I will be In the area and would really like to head up Whitney's MR. Not sure if Solo is a good option on that route at that time of year. Let me know if there is any interest. Multi- day or otherwise...
Thanks gang!
Read more : Mt Whitney MR April 7th week | Views : 3927 | Replies : 0

Jul/Aug 2014 - Exp. Alpine Trad Leader? Tbolt to Polemonium Jul/Aug 2014 - Exp. Alpine Trad Leader? Tbolt to Polemonium

My husband and I and possibly another couple aim to attempt a 4-summit excursion of Thunderbolt to Polemonium in the Palisades (out of Big Pine in California's Sierra Nevada). We are reserving 4 days for the trip:

day 1 (Thurs.) - drive up to the trailhead from San Diego and sleep at the TH,
day 2 (Fri.) - hike into base camp at the foot of the Palisade glacier,
day 3 (Sat.) - summit Thunderbolt, ...
Read more : Jul/Aug 2014 - Exp. Alpine Trad Leader? Tbolt to Polemonium | Views : 4365 | Replies : 0

partner for Whitney or Russell for Thanksgiving

I'm looking for a partner to do the mountaineers route on Whitney or the east ridge of Russell. I'm open to other ideas in that grade and up to easy 5th class, my pack will be heavy enough I don't want to carry a full rack. I am thinking about starting on Tuesday and going home on Monday. That is a large Window and I am flexible between that time line. I will be coming ...
Read more : partner for Whitney or Russell for Thanksgiving | Views : 5054 | Replies : 0

Trying to learn!

Hi everyone!

I'm a new climber who is eager to learn mountaineering!
I have about 2 years of experience backpacking and I can comfortably climb a 5.10b (but no experience on any walls outdoors)

I'd like to start bagging some peaks and I am most likely signing up for a class to climb Shasta in June.

Would anyone be willing to let me go on a trip with them to learn? I have most of ...
Read more : Trying to learn! | Views : 5001 | Replies : 2

Shasta or Rainier April/May 2014

I would like climb Mt. Shasta or Rainier in late April or May 2014, and looking for an experienced and technically competent partner or team to join. I am flexible on dates.

I am thinking of redoing Casaval Ridge on Shasta or Kautz Glacier on Rainier, but am open to other intermediate-level routes on Rainier, Baker, Shasta, and the like. I am flexible on the climb.

I have taken a multitude of mountaineering (skills and ...
Read more : Shasta or Rainier April/May 2014 | Views : 4928 | Replies : 1

Mt Whitney

Is there anyone in So California that's up for the Mountaineers Route on Whitney in the next 30 days with me? Please contact me if you know the route as I have not been up there and don't have any prior first hand knowledge. Thanks !
Read more : Mt Whitney | Views : 6067 | Replies : 1

Buddies for Shasta

Hey all,
I'm looking for a buddy to climb shasta with me in early August. I haven't been on Shasta, but I have some experience with glacier climbing and know the technical systems and whatnot. I'd like to do one of the glaciated routes, preferably the Whitney Glacier, or Cascade Gulch (moving onto the Whitney Glacier when we reach the saddle between Shasta and Shastina). I'm looking for someone with some glacier experience to climb ...
Read more : Buddies for Shasta | Views : 9857 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136595