It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:14 am

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Where to repair outdoor clothing in Salt Lake?

I need a place that can add some heavy duty snaps to a pair of gaiters.

Is there a repair/alterations place in the Salt Lake area that specializes in repairing or modifying outdoor gear and clothing?
Read more : Where to repair outdoor clothing in Salt Lake? | Views : 2683 | Replies : 3

Zion Slot for beginners?

Hey Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are making a trip down to Zion this summer (mid july = hot!). We will be there for 2 or 3 nights and I was hoping to spend the better part of the day wandering through one of Zion's amazing slot canyons.

I am definitely not looking to do anything very technical, a little bit of scrambling on short cliffs or boulders is fine but nothing much more than ...
Read more : Zion Slot for beginners? | Views : 6296 | Replies : 12

A Tushar Question

We read in the Tyson Bradely book that the road up to Puffer Lake is plowed and paved. However we heard from a local that the road is not plowed, making the climb over 5 miles to Puffer Lake. Can you drive all the way to Puffer Lake or was I just talking to some local who was trying to protect his powder stash?
Read more : A Tushar Question | Views : 2086 | Replies : 4

Best Season for Canyon Country - esp Utah?

I'm looking at heading out to the desert sometime in the fall or spring of '10-'11 for a little R&R. Can anyone recommend the best season to visit southern Utah?

My time is limited - probably fly in on a Wednesday and out on a Saturday. I was thinking about hiking the Narrows at Zion or doing Angel's Landing or some of that other touristy stuff.

Really, I'm just stressed out and over-worked and wishing ...
Read more : Best Season for Canyon Country - esp Utah? | Views : 2362 | Replies : 5

High Uinta ~5 day backpacking ideas

hey guys,

I am an experienced backpacker/scrambler looking for a great ~5 day backpack in the High Uintas. I cant get anymore time off in mid summer (got a wind rivers trip brewing in August), so....

First question, considering the current snowpack what would be the absolute earliest time that I could access the high country? I have pretty solid route finding skills and would not hesitate to carry axe/crampons if needed for north slopes. ...
Read more : High Uinta ~5 day backpacking ideas | Views : 39818 | Replies : 19

canyoneering places

hey all i'm looking to start canyoneering. what are some good places to start?

thx
Read more : canyoneering places | Views : 1835 | Replies : 3

Utah: Solitude Ski Resort Expansion Redux

Our friends at Solitude Mountain Resort are back for another round. They are proposing another expansion into Silver Fork, but this time they aren't asking for the entire drainage...just up to the creek now.

This is still pretty preliminary, but once they begin the Environmental Assessment and/or Environmental Impact Statement, they will call for public comment. If you're against this, please make sure to provide the FS with relevant comments.

The Smoking Gun

SL Trib ...
Read more : Utah: Solitude Ski Resort Expansion Redux | Views : 12550 | Replies : 31

BC skiing Lasalles

Wondering if anyone has made some turns out there lately and has some insight on the conditions? Also looking for a partner for a tour out there this coming Sun or Mon.. give a shout if any interest.. thanks..
Read more : BC skiing Lasalles | Views : 576 | Replies : 1

What to do with 3-days in UT (headed to Zion and Bryce)

Wife and I have got 3 days in mid-May for a visit to Zion and Bryce.

Never been there before... don't know when we'd be able to get back.

While I am interested in going to the 'must see's in both areas... I would preffer to avoid crowds (if that is a problem on the weekends...).

Also - if either one of these parks draws a bigger crowd on the weekend... we can be sure ...
Read more : What to do with 3-days in UT (headed to Zion and Bryce) | Views : 19812 | Replies : 21

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557965 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136440