Shasta snowmobilers -- help inquiry

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
no avatar
pjc30943

Shasta snowmobilers -- help inquiry

by pjc30943 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Are any snowmobilers based at Mt.Shasta interested in taking a few climbers from Bunny Flat trailhead to the OSB trailhead? The Old Ski Bowl road is projected closed a while longer.

If so, please message me privately to discuss details that would make this worth your while. It's just climbers + packs, no skis.

This would be in April.

Thanks!

P.S. Yes, I know it's just ~2.5 miles between the two trailheads. Also, we're passing on renting snowmobiles/trailers/etc for several reasons.

mrchad9

Re: Shasta snowmobilers -- help inquiry

by mrchad9 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:15 pm

If you are riding to the trailhead, you might as well get them to take you all the way to camp. Lots of excellent options from Green Butte to 9600 feet in the bowl. Or if a daytrip they can drop you off at 10,000 feet.

I actually saw a couple of guys doing this a couple years ago. I was camped in Ski Bowl in May and early the next morning a snowmobile dropped off two skiers at the upper limit.

I would guess not a lot of them check into Summitpost often... so you might need also look for multiple ways to find them.

no avatar
pjc30943

Re: Shasta snowmobilers -- help inquiry

by pjc30943 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:05 am

Thanks -- any suggestions on locating them? I spoke with some rental agencies, but they are not allowed to "guide" into that side of the mountain. I found one forum for tahoe area and will be posting there. Craigslist was my only other thought.

Return to California