new format

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
hgrapid

Re: new format - Searching one's own entries

by hgrapid » Tue May 08, 2018 11:18 pm

In the new format, I found that I can no longer search my Mountain/Rock pages by creation date, score, hits, etc. So, if I want to look through my pages, I need to search individually. If I have a mountain starting with "T" it isn't really featured on my page because it is only alphabetical. It appears I can search mountain/rock by these metrics, but only for all mountain/rock pages. Is there a way around this?

Klenke

Re: new format

by Klenke » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Ok, when going to the photos at the bottom of a webpage in the new format, what is the point in "greening" out the photo when the mouse is hovered over it? Why obscure the image and then re-state the caption across the image when that caption is right there below the image? It's not only redundant but unnecessary.

Also, it would be nice if by clicking on those images that an option was available to go to the image page for that image. Just a simple link when the image opens up is all that's needed.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

Re: new format

by Matt Miller » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:17 pm

Klenke wrote:Ok, when going to the photos at the bottom of a webpage in the new format, what is the point in "greening" out the photo when the mouse is hovered over it? Why obscure the image and then re-state the caption across the image when that caption is right there below the image? It's not only redundant but unnecessary.

Also, it would be nice if by clicking on those images that an option was available to go to the image page for that image. Just a simple link when the image opens up is all that's needed.

Both good points. I've often wondered about the purpose of the greening out of the photo and why when the photo is clicked we're not taken to the image page. We will get those things changed.

Previous

Return to Site Feedback