Peru, Cordillera Blanca, June 24-27

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
kpiljay

Peru, Cordillera Blanca, June 24-27

by kpiljay » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:33 am

I'll be in the Huaraz area from approx. June 17-27 (leaving Lima on June 28 ). I'm traveling with two friends who are interested in trekking (we're heading first to Cusco/MP for about 8 or 9 days then to Huaraz) but not in climbing. So, they're leaving around June 24 and I will stay a bit longer to do some climbing. I have experience in rock climbing and ice climbing and very basic mountaineering, but not any high altitude mountaineering experience. So, I'm interested in doing an 'easier' mountain, like Pisco, Valluaraju or possibly Tocllaraju (which I understand is a bit more technical). Something 4 days or less is preferable. I was planning on hiring a guide and am interested in finding someone else (one person or more) who would like to share a guide or if you are experienced and don't mind an extra person coming along with your group. I'm flexible to go a little earlier also, like June 22, 23. just need to be back in Huaraz by June 27.

Nigel Lewis

Olaza's guest house

by Nigel Lewis » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:16 pm

I was in Huaraz in 2004. We stayed at Olaza's guest house and they arranged transport through to the trailhead at Collon. From there they got us mules and drivers, along with a camp guard and cook. They bought all the food and did all the cooking.
We didn't hire guides, but I imagine they could do that for you aswell.

We walked into Ishinca base camp and most of us (7) summitted Ishinca.
A few of us went up Urus Este and a few of us failed to get up Tocllaraju.

It's a brilliant place. Ishinca and Urus Este are quite easy peaks. Local guides will know all 3 of those peaks well.

eza

Try talking to Hisao Morales...

by eza » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:22 pm

The Morales family organised our stay in the Cordillera Blanca two years ago and it was an absolute success: we all summited Urus Este and Ishinca after completing an extended version of the Santa Cruz Trek. Their web site is http://www.peruvianandes.com

Andinista

Trekking and Climbing in Cordillera blanca.

by Andinista » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:44 pm

:D I am interested in being partner in mountains, have plans to climbing in that time June or July, greetings of Lima - Peru, abilio, ciao...

Andinista

Re: Peru, Cordillera Blanca, June 24-27

by Andinista » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:47 pm

8) I am interested in being partner in mountains, have plans to climbing in that time June or July, greetings of Lima - Peru, abilio, ciao...

kpiljay wrote:I'll be in the Huaraz area from approx. June 17-27 (leaving Lima on June 28 ). I'm traveling with two friends who are interested in trekking (we're heading first to Cusco/MP for about 8 or 9 days then to Huaraz) but not in climbing. So, they're leaving around June 24 and I will stay a bit longer to do some climbing. I have experience in rock climbing and ice climbing and very basic mountaineering, but not any high altitude mountaineering experience. So, I'm interested in doing an 'easier' mountain, like Pisco, Valluaraju or possibly Tocllaraju (which I understand is a bit more technical). Something 4 days or less is preferable. I was planning on hiring a guide and am interested in finding someone else (one person or more) who would like to share a guide or if you are experienced and don't mind an extra person coming along with your group. I'm flexible to go a little earlier also, like June 22, 23. just need to be back in Huaraz by June 27.

edudillo

Re: Trekking and Climbing in Cordillera blanca.

by edudillo » Wed May 17, 2006 10:58 pm

Andinista wrote::D I am interested in being partner in mountains, have plans to climbing in that time June or July, greetings of Lima - Peru, abilio, ciao...

I'll go to Cordillera Blanca on jun to climb any classical peaks. I'll go alone, so, I'm interested to meet someone for partner.
My climbing level is medium. Would you like? We can try.

Return to South America