Conditions in Bolivia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
AlexeyD

by AlexeyD » Thu May 10, 2007 6:18 pm

Can't help unfortunately...but could you post an update after you get back?

AlexeyD

by AlexeyD » Thu May 24, 2007 5:32 pm

Sounds like a great time. Which summits did you climb in the Condoriri?

no avatar
bdynkin

by bdynkin » Thu May 24, 2007 6:35 pm

MaT,

Sounds like a great trip! Thank you for the info! Russki82 (my son) and me are flying to La Paz this Sunday. We also plan to go to Condoriri first and pretty much follow your path. So please share any information regarding logistics (transport to Condoriri, acclimatisation, etc.) or climbing. We live in Boston, USA. Where are you? Maybe I could call you.

Thank you,

Boris

Pedro Hauck

La niña year

by Pedro Hauck » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:57 am

It sounds wonderfull!
I'm from Brazil and the weather here this year is completelly crazy. Here in Curitiba have been done 0 degrees Celsius every night, and we are just in the Outumm!
Probabily it is meaning no melting in the cordillera
That's pretty because I'm planning to go to Bolivia in July.

innuksuk

by innuksuk » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:32 pm

that sounds good. Planning to go in July myself too. I know this shold be in plans and partners, but since the original question is relevant to anyone going there in the immediate future, who is going? More so, who is going without a guided or pre-planned trip. I'm considering that option, purely to save time, but would be more than willing to land myself in La Paz in july or August for a 2-3 week stint if anyone was thinking the same thing.

Andino

by Andino » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:01 pm

I was in Bolivia in March and April.
The rainy season finished later than usual, so indeed there was a lot of snow at the time.
However we could climb Huayna Potosi, with perfect conditions.

I just saw on the news that there's just been a snow storm around La Paz (which quite unusual as it is the dry season now !).
And they have -18°C in Northern Chile (close to Bolivia). So the conditions might be a bit difficult.

Nevertheless the Condoriri area (close to Huayna Potosi) is usually less wet than the Illampu area (closer to Lago Titicaca).
If you look for a good climbing agency and hotel in La Paz I can recommend some :wink:

Return to South America