dolomites

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
chris615

dolomites

by chris615 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:07 am

hello,
I want to do some hiking in the dolomites and the pyrenees, something short(1/2 day +_) and not to hard since most of my gear is back in Canada, the hike has to be near a train station since I do not have a car. I will be going into Canfranc for the pyrenees have not figured out where in the pyrenees Any suggestions?
cheers

Moni

by Moni » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:50 pm

There are no train connections within the Dolomites: once you reach some place like Bolzano by train, you'll have to take a bus and perhaps cable car to reach trailheads. Anything up Val Gardena up to and including Sella Pass will have plenty to satisfy your needs

ganesh70

by ganesh70 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:53 pm

You can easily reach the most famous places in the Dolomites by bus. There also a lot of cableways that can take you sometimes even at 3000 m . Is very difficult to give an advice, it depends what you want to see. You can go to see the Vajolet towers or Tre Cime di lavaredo, Il Civetta, Il Pelmo, Il Sella, Il Cristallo, Le Pale di S.Martino, Le Tofane, La Marmolada...

Return to Europe