Denali Slideshow @ Sports Basement in SF on monday 26 Oct.

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
rlshattuck

Denali Slideshow @ Sports Basement in SF on monday 26 Oct.

by rlshattuck » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:53 pm

I don't think SB is sponsoring this one, like the last––no pizza and beer, so bring your own.

Hello all,

My next (and final) slideshow about my Denali climb this past June will be next Monday at the Sports Basement Presidio in San Francisco. I organized this one due to popular demand from folks in SF that couldn't make it down to the one in Sunnyvale last month. There's no organization sponsoring this one - I simply weasled my way into the SB speaker series - so hope you can make it and bring a friend.

Thanks,

Emilie :-)

Emilie Cortes & John Gray - The Upper West Rib of Denali

Monday, October 26
7:00-8:30pm

The Community Room at the Sports Basement Presidio
610 Old Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94129
Emilie Cortes and John Gray, aka Team X Whisperers, formed a 2 person team to face the Upper West Rib of Denali (aka Mt McKinley) in June 2009. It was John's fourth time on Denali and Emilie's first time ever to Alaska. What was it like to suffer day after day uphill in temperatures that vacillated from subzero to boiling with a heavy pack and sled? Did all the logistical planning pay off or did they miss something critical? Did the dreaded "heat collecting volcanic ash" from the Mount Redoubt eruption in March affect the glacier conditions? Did the expedition strain their friendship or strengthen it? Did they summit? All these questions and more will be answered…

Diggler

by Diggler » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:56 pm

(This http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=27586 is Emilie, BTW) :D

I'll try to make it if I can- sounds like an intriguing & fun slideshow!

emilie

by emilie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:44 pm

Dirk, where were you? there was beer, but no pizza. now i'll have to go climb something else for a new slideshow topic. :-)

MichaelJ

by MichaelJ » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:04 am

Emile,
I would have liked to have seen your show. Even if I know the outcome. Sorry, I didn't recognize you on the hill. Funny, that it took Kristina to put it together. You going back next season?

Diggler

by Diggler » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:01 pm

Hey Emilie,

I'm sorry I couldn't make it. I had some things happen that I needed to take care of. Quite bummed, honestly... I really wanted to see the show! :( I hope the presentation went well.

Return to California