Jack McBroom.....Where Art Thou??

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Dave Daly

Jack McBroom.....Where Art Thou??

by Dave Daly » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:51 am

Where are you? Haven't heard from The Possum in over a year. What?....has Hemet High School swallowed you?

Yo x15x15.....where the hell is your brother??

The following user would like to thank Dave Daly for this post
artemisrising

wallspeck

by wallspeck » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:04 am

Hey Dave. I lurk a bit on here. I've been hiking and running and such. On my birthday, a couple weeks ago (turned 53), I went to Josh to test the mettle a bit. Started soloing before sunrise, started using a rope 3 hours later, and finished after sunset.... 53 routes. Boy, was I beat. I finished with 9 routes on the upper right Dairy Queen wall which are steep and nearly fell off a couple of 5.7s. Sheesh. My hands were raw and I could barely hold onto the jugs. Gettin' old I guess. Still, I averaged a route every 12 minutes for 10.5 hours.
I expected to see you at the Taquitz reunion to hear Royal and the gang telling stories.
Sorry you missed it.
I was at Josh yesterday hiking with a friend looking at pictograph sites. There are quite a lot of them out there!

The following user would like to thank wallspeck for this post
artemisrising

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:48 pm

Dang, I lost your number and wanted to catch up. Deb and I went to Iddy yesterday for the XMAS Tree lighting. Was hoping to see Alois and Pen there too but never spotted them. Started to snow pretty good around 3PM. We also went to the museum to see the new climbing exhibit. Nicely done! Saw photos of Kris, Alois and Clark mixed in with the display. There was a composition notebook that was set to the side but no one had made remarks in it yet. I marked on the front of it 'A Climbers' Thoughts' and made the first entry, hoping others will follow. Please give me a jingle and we should try to get in some bouldering at Simpson or wherever. Heck, lets make a trip out to El Cajon Mtn! Sending you a PM now.

A few photos from yesterday:

The Deb and dave Show...

D's Nutz??

Santa Snaggletooth

asmrz

by asmrz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:06 am

We were there, Pen was singing Christmas Carols with the kids and the Master Chorale. It was a first tree lighting ceremony that included falling snow in 11 years, wonderful event. Glad you liked it Dave, and the Museum. Many people spent days putting the exhibit together. There will be several new (and significant) items on display, thanks to the SP and ST posts.

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:49 am

Add this shot to the display......one of the last remaining aid lines on Suicide: Forest Lawn.

:wink:

graham

by graham » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:04 pm

wallspeck wrote:…..On my birthday, a couple weeks ago (turned 53), I went to Josh to test the mettle a bit. Started soloing before sunrise, started using a rope 3 hours later, and finished after sunset.... 53 routes. Boy, was I beat. I finished with 9 routes on the upper right Dairy Queen wall which are steep and nearly fell off a couple of 5.7s. Sheesh. My hands were raw and I could barely hold onto the jugs. Gettin' old I guess. Still, I averaged a route every 12 minutes for 10.5 hours…..
Very impressive Jack 8) And thanks for reminding us all to get busy on our next BirthDay Challenge :D
http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34433

Return to California