La Sportiva- Prime vs. EVO Light

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
Blair

La Sportiva- Prime vs. EVO Light

by Blair » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:26 pm

The new Prime looks like a updated version to the popular 'silver bullet' in the Extreme EVO light.

Prime - http://www.sportiva.com/products/prod/600

Extreme EVO - http://www.sportiva.com/products/prod/336

Anyone out there have the Primes yet and care to comment? After much deliberation, I have ordered the Primes after talking to my Sportiva rep via bootfitter. Took me a while to determine my choice according to my types of use and what-not, and the two look and seem to be very close to the same. I have read poor reviews from Pac-Nw climbers, but the conditions and climate they see and the climate and conditions I see in the Sierra are much different and hope the Primes will be a better choice that the Extremes.

So Please! What do you all know out there?

Genesis

by Genesis » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:48 am

I have the Primes. No complaints. Even more comfy to walk in than my Evo S's. Used em down to about -5 or so. Like most sportivas, they run a little small.

Blair

by Blair » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:54 am

Genesis, thanks for your input. Mind if I scrape yer brain fer more?

Have you been able to test them on a long distance scale yet w a pack on?

You say there more comfy than your red trangos? Well, if thats the case, I think i will be happy.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of size and foot are you?

ScottyP

by ScottyP » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:45 am

Maybe it was a bad boot but I returned my Primes after one trip up the Kautz. My toe boxes were soaked! Went to the Spantik instead. They did hike VERY well however.

kovarpa

by kovarpa » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:58 am

Primes seem to run smaller than Evos. I have the Trango Evo (red) in 43 but Primes in 43 were half a size too small. Normally I am US street 10.

Return to Gear