Solo Mt Blanc early of SEP.2010

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
goodwilson

Solo Mt Blanc early of SEP.2010

by goodwilson » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:55 am

My name is wilson from Hong Kong, working in Switzerland now. I plan to summit Mt. Blanc "Gouter Route" in end of AUG and early of SEP.2010. But now, I still cannot find a partner to form a rope team for passing glacier feature.

http://www.summitpost.org/plans/view_ac ... st_id=8228

Therefore, I start to think about solo climbing up Mt. Blanc. Do you think that it is possible or not?? Moreover, is it possible for me to meet some partners in chamonix ??

I want to return home safety and have fun in mountains.

Moreover, In chamonix, do there any place is able for me bivy-sleeping. And, is it possible for me to bivy-sleeping near the mountain hut as well ??

Thanks
Wilson

Sean_SF

by Sean_SF » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:44 pm

Wilson, I will be climbing mont blanc the third week of August (19-26). Let me know if you can move up your trip a bit so we can do some alpine rock routes to acclimatize before climbing Mont Blanc.

Sean

goodwilson

by goodwilson » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Dear Sean,

I am pleasure your reply my message. I waited very long time.

But, one bad news is my working-contract will be ended on 28.AUG.2010 in Switzerland. it mean that I am only able to do the mountaineering after 28.AUG.2010. I really would like to join your plan. But, my schedule is not flexible enough. I am so sorry. please let me know if there is other solution.

By the way, if you can come Switzerland. we can do some multi-pitch climbing (5a-6a) near my working place, valais or kandersteg.

And, I have a plan to summit Jungfrau (SE) as well.

let me know

Wilson

Return to Europe