Mt Mansfield Trail Conditions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
Jow

Mt Mansfield Trail Conditions

by Jow » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Howdy,

I am considering hiking Mt Mansfield next weekend June 11th. Has anyone been up there to let me know what trails are looking like?

thanks

kozman18

Re: Mt Mansfield Trail Conditions

by kozman18 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:15 pm

I was just up on Camel's Hump yesterday -- really wet and muddy (as bad as I have seen it). We have had a lot (too much) rain over the past few weeks and, until a week or two ago, still had snow. We are getting a stretch of drier weather which might help, but I would expect wet/muddy trails down low for awhile.

Have a good hike (try the Hell Brook Trail if you want a challenge).

no avatar
cwoodman

Re: Mt Mansfield Trail Conditions

by cwoodman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:07 pm

A couple weeks ago, we hiked one of the best loop hikes in Vt.- or NE IMHO. From Underhill State Pk., we hiked south along the CCC Rd., then up Maple Ridge, across the ridgetop from the Nose to the Chin, then down Sunset Ridge. Pick a fair day for this as the views up, across, and down are terrific. We found a few feet of snow along the trail north of the Nose, doubt any now. One of my favorite Vt. hikes.
Chuck Woodman
Lincoln, NH

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)