Shasta Beta

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
ascasson

Shasta Beta

by ascasson » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:07 pm

Hey folks!

Four of us are hoping to climb Shasta Aug. 9 - 12 via Avalanche Gulch. Has anyone been up recently or have some additional beta?

Cheers,

Anthony

clmbr

Re: Shasta Beta

by clmbr » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:25 pm

ascasson wrote:. . .
Four of us are hoping to climb Shasta Aug. 9 - 12 via Avalanche Gulch. Has anyone been up recently or have some additional beta?
. . .

You should ask in California forum.

As far as I'm concerned there is no snow up to Helen Lake. I'll be going there this Tuesday and post new conditions.

clmbr

by clmbr » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:57 am

My buddy just cancelled the trip, so most likely I'm not going to climb AG this year anymore. However, I expect to do some routes on the north side of the mountain. Anyway, check the link below for conditions updates. I know many people are planning AG trips on 11th of August weekend.

Mt. Shasta Conditions: http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/mt-shasta-conditions-t61632.html

kylenicolls

by kylenicolls » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 am

I drove by Shasta a few days ago. Looks like snow really starts around the 9-10k range, just below Helen Lake. I stopped at a burger joint in the city and enjoyed the scenery.

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)