PNW Fires...

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
Norman

PNW Fires...

by Norman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Anyone climbing near... or have pics of what's going on with the Fires? I called the Leavenworth Ranger to discuss permits for the Enchantments. The recording said that Colechuck and Stuart lake permits have been revoked until further notice, refunds to those who have permits. Access is still open through Snow Lake for now.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/okawen/ne ... RDB5390312
509 548-6977 Leavenworth Ranger and recording.
Someone must have been up in the Enchantments with a trip report and pics. Hope they get some rain and control of the fires.

kylenicolls

Re: PNW Fires...

by kylenicolls » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:54 am

Well this isn't much on fires, but road 77 is washed out 2 miles from the Eagle Creek Rd. If you are headed to the Wallowa's. My partner and I figured that out after driving all the way out there, only to do a 2.5 hr detour from it being washed out. It's be nice if they were a bit clearer as to where it's washed out.

Apparently there was a fire in that range, as well, as of last week. But we didn't notice anything on our trip. Our TH was open. Some haze on Saturday, could have been from anything else that was burning.

agreenstreet

by agreenstreet » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:07 am

Report from the ranger, straight from the Enchantments about halfway down this page:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/okawen/pa ... rdb5318227

The following user would like to thank agreenstreet for this post
EastKing

EastKing

by EastKing » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:50 am

Thank you Agreenstreet. I was planning on going there in the next two weeks. I now know to only go from Snow Lakes.

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)