Old thread Summitpost Winter Gathering-Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
Fletch

Re: Summitpost Winter Gathering-Colorado

by Fletch » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 pm

I'm likely out for this. My first born has a due date of the 20th, so I imagine I will be on lock down that month. Have fun everyone.

In related news, I was up there yesterday (Dyer and Gemini) and there was very little snow to speak of. From Iowa Gulch, we got all passenger cars to 12,400 and a 4X4 Jeep to 12,600. I know it's a ways away, but I suspect snow won't be much of an issue. Wind in that area is usually the problem this time of year...

Steven Cross

Re: Summitpost Winter Gathering-Colorado

by Steven Cross » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Fletch wrote:I'm likely out for this. My first born has a due date of the 20th, so I imagine I will be on lock down that month. Have fun everyone.

In related news, I was up there yesterday (Dyer and Gemini) and there was very little snow to speak of. From Iowa Gulch, we got all passenger cars to 12,400 and a 4X4 Jeep to 12,600. I know it's a ways away, but I suspect snow won't be much of an issue. Wind in that area is usually the problem this time of year...

Congratulations Fletch. It's an awesome adventure. A great reason to miss this hike.
Thanks for the heads up on the wind.

The following user would like to thank Steven Cross for this post
Fletch

Kane

Re: Old thread Summitpost Winter Gathering-Colorado

by Kane » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:45 am

I might be up for this one, I could use a winter 14er with old friends. The date looks good to me too. Just gonna wait for the weather forecast, not too interested in a complete wind beat down that Sherman is famous for....

Previous

Return to Colorado