Moran CMC conditions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.
blazin

Moran CMC conditions

by blazin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Anybody been up CMC route on Moran lately? Particularly interested to know if there is still water near the campsite. Thanks.

PanamaRed

Re: Moran CMC conditions

by PanamaRed » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 am

I was just up the cmc last weekend and can confirm that there is a small amount of water near the cmc camp. You have to hike a little ways up the boulder field to the left of camp, and will see a rock that looks damp. There is a tiny trickle of water coming from underneath the rock. It takes a little while to fill up water, but it works. Hope u have fun on your climb!

The following user would like to thank PanamaRed for this post
blazin

blazin

by blazin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Thanks PanamaRed. Any other beta? I assume there's little/no snow left on the approach?

PanamaRed

by PanamaRed » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:13 am

You won't run into any snow on the route, it is completely dry. Watch out for a black bear at the base of the mountain next to leigh lake. She hung around close to shore, and came very close on several occasions. She is not afraid of humans at all. I threw rocks and yelled and finally got her to back off without using bear spray.

Return to Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)