Photos from Haute Route 2013 trip

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Spiffae

Re: Photos from Haute Route 2013 trip

by Spiffae » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Considering it's two nights and three days walk plus transport back, it comes out more like $300/day, which is not all that much! But I don't think anyone gets into guiding for the money, so you may still be in the wrong line of work. ;)

I'll let you guys know what the guides say - so far having trouble getting a response, I'd hazard a guess that everyone is busy booking ski trips right now and that someone asking questions about July or August goes to the bottom of the pile. If there is a minimum or other conditions, I certainly would be happy to find some fellow travelers, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Unfortunately it's not a savings, because they charge per person.

The Moiry/Zinal area does look lovely from they Reynolds book and cursory googling, but ever since I saw Bertol, I have just thought "we have got to spend the night there" - also it seems like it would be silly to go all through the alps but never trek across a glacier.

Thanks again for all the info!

Spiffae

by Spiffae » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:18 am

Got a hold of some guiding companies - I had miscalculated the costs! :) it's $550/person only in groups of four. For two it's over $1,000/person - yowch!

So... how would one go about finding a few people to come along?

cherokee

by cherokee » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:02 pm

John,
I really enjoyed looking at your photos, they brought back so many memories!

Thank you,
Randy

sm176811

by sm176811 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:01 am

cherokee wrote:John,
I really enjoyed looking at your photos, they brought back so many memories!

Thank you,
Randy

Thanks Cherokee

no avatar
marving

by marving » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:57 pm

sm176811 wrote:That's right the first few photos are not on the haute route, they around Chamonix high on the glacier. You should look at Chamonix guides for what they have to offer during your travel days (http://www.chamonix-guides.eu/activites ... vities.htm)

Then you can come down to Chamonix or join the haute route from montvers.

What did you do in Chamonix (route, etc) with a guide and would you recommend it? I'm looking to hire a guide for a day or two but haven't figured out what to do yet :)

Previous

Return to Europe