Praise for Beyond Fleece

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
Joseph Bullough

Praise for Beyond Fleece

by Joseph Bullough » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:58 pm

I purchased a Beyond Fleece jacket in 2003, and a couple of weeks ago the main zipper began to fail. I sent the jacket back for a repair and today received the jacket back with the zipper repaired free of charge. I fully expected to be billed for the repair of a 12 year old jacket. Thumbs up to Beyond Fleece (now Beyond Clothing).

The following user would like to thank Joseph Bullough for this post
Wasatch Summits

Wasatch Summits

Re: Praise for Beyond Fleece

by Wasatch Summits » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:21 am

Awesome to hear Joe. Always purchased stuff from Backcountry.com in the past due to their former return/satisfaction policy. I'm a coax hfc/fiber optic field tech by trade and spend 95 percent of my work outside. Went in this past week to get some winter boots, since mine were worn and loading throughout the day with moisture from all this snow lately. They wouldn't honor their old agreement like what you've mentioned. Now their policy is 30 days with the original packaging, one year with in store credit... times have changed there. Still good but not the same. Remember the change of REI's policy in recent years?

I've found our local Black Diamond warranties are great, if you buy the guys in the warranty department a case of beer... Still great considering the cost, a few broken carbon fiber trekking poles here and there (mostly my fault), wrecked gators due do straps breaking once in a while or being impacted by crampons. Again most of those issues are self imposed, but having a company recognize that for those who are regularly active...and who spend a good amount of money there, it's changed.

The following user would like to thank Wasatch Summits for this post
Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough

Re: Praise for Beyond Fleece

by Joseph Bullough » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Phenom wrote:Remember the change of REI's policy in recent years?

I was a little disappointed in REI's policy change, but it didn't surprise me after some of the stories I've heard. A few years ago someone in front of me at customer service was returning a water bottle because it broke when they dropped it on a rock. Come on.... I occasionally return something if I honestly think it was defective, but if I've broken something or worn it out over time, I just buy it again.

The following user would like to thank Joseph Bullough for this post
Bob Sihler, Damien Gildea

Return to Gear