Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Scott
Forum Moderator

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Scott » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:31 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
T. White wrote:There seems to be a bug with the new drop-down menu ("...") that's part of the overhead bar. When opened on a forum page, it splits below the header.

I see that, thanks for reporting it!

I have also noticed that I can't reply to the forum because once you right your post and hit submit, it goes to the photos or something else instead because of the overlap.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:11 pm

Klenke wrote:It seems to me that "Forums" should be among the shown links at the top of the page and not within the "..." pull down, in favor of one of the others not as commonly linked to. I mean do people click on "Area & Ranges" more than "Forums"? I doubt it.

Funny you should ask that question! I actually put the links at the top of the page that were the most frequently accessed. But, I agree, it seems likely that the forums would be more accessed than the Areas & Ranges. I'll make that swap.
Scott wrote:I have also noticed that I can't reply to the forum because once you right your post and hit submit, it goes to the photos or something else instead because of the overlap.

I can't understand what you're saying Scott. Can you post a screenshot?

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:14 pm

OK, the FORUM link is now in the header.
ZeeJay wrote:I agree with Klenke. An active forum will draw more people to the site than other things. A way to have it more active is to have it more prominent. In addition, I think it should go back to displaying latest posts on the front page.

I agree with displaying latest posts on the front page. Bob Sihler mentioned this to me many months ago. I want to redo the entire front page again. It doesn't render too well on mobile. I'll add in the latest forum posts when we work on that redo.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:25 pm

I can't understand what you're saying Scott. Can you post a screenshot?

respond.jpeg
respond.jpeg (155.14 KiB) Viewed 1869 times

No matter which way you scroll, either up and down, there is no way to hit submit. It will either click on What's New, Photos, etc. instead since that is overlain over the submit button. It doesn't matter if you scroll up or down, you still can't submit a post to the forum.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Ah, right, that's on mobile. For clarity, please let me know if you're looking on mobile or desktop. I noticed that issue as well. The person I hired to help is offline today, but I'll get him to fix that ASAP tomorrow. Thanks for reporting that one!

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Ah, right, that's on mobile. For clarity, please let me know if you're looking on mobile or desktop.

Oops,I thought I did mention it on mobile. My mistake.

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
Matt Miller

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Scott wrote:Oops,I thought I did mention it on mobile. My mistake.

No problem! Thanks again for reporting it!!

hgrapid

by hgrapid » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:56 pm

I sent my most recent page - Pine Butte - to Scott Surgent, and he said it was empty? It shows up on my feed as the completed version. Is it not showing up for anyone else?

https://www.summitpost.org/pine-butte-az/1025500

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:08 pm

hgrapid wrote:I sent my most recent page - Pine Butte - to Scott Surgent, and he said it was empty? It shows up on my feed as the completed version. Is it not showing up for anyone else?

Is he logged in? Usually there is a day lag for page viewing when someone is not logged in.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:28 pm

Puma concolor wrote:Not really a bug, but is the “User Control Panel” ever going to come back? Or am I just missing it?

Allows you to change/add/eliminate the quote at the bottom of your forum posts etc.

Should be here:
https://www.summitpost.org/bioform.php
hgrapid wrote:I sent my most recent page - Pine Butte - to Scott Surgent, and he said it was empty? It shows up on my feed as the completed version. Is it not showing up for anyone else?

Pages are cached for up to 16 hours (for users who are not logged in), so if the changes were made recently, he could have been seeing a blank cached page. I just looked while not logged in and the page looks good to me.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Puma concolor wrote:That comes up for me as a profile page editor. Before the last SP upgrade, there was a different page to which you could navigate off of the forums. There a tab in the upper left corner of the forums pages.

Old discussion here ...

help-i-can-t-change-the-note-at-the-bottom-of-my-posts-t82380.html

Not a big deal at all. Maybe a 1.5/10 on the scale of importance. More of a point of curiosity.

Do you mean this page?:
ucp.php

That is still accessible under the "Useful Links" menu on the forums.

yatsek

by yatsek » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm

I tried to submit some photos this morning - to no avail. Please delete the top row. (It seems like I can't do it myself.)

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:43 pm

yatsek wrote:I tried to submit some photos this morning - to no avail. Please delete the top row. (It seems like I can't do it myself.)

Done!

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
yatsek

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback