Routes up Teocalli Mountain??

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
JustinShapiro

Routes up Teocalli Mountain??

by JustinShapiro » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:53 am

I cant seem to find any route info concerning Teocalli Mountain. Can anyone point me to a source that contains info on any route up the mountain?

Any help what-so-ever would be greatly appreciated, thx.

no avatar
a_skier

by a_skier » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:43 pm

From Crested Butte, drive Brush creek to W Brush creek. W Brush is doable for a while in 2wd, then becomes harder, though it's fairly easy 4wd. At the end of the road, get on the popular Teo ridge trail, when it gets fairly high on grassy slopes, leave it and climb to the summit. If you're a MTBer, it's pretty easy to just leave your bike, climb Teo, then finish the Teo ridge ride. I've got some TR's, but they're all from snow season so I'm not sure how much they'd help you.

Kane

by Kane » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:08 am

Teocalli has a very nice view. Its basically a class 1 hike up tundra. Might be the easiest thirteener in the Elks.

Greg Enright

by Greg Enright » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:27 am

The main gully up the south side is pretty fun. It's the gully in the center of the photo that curves up and left. You leave the bike trail about halfway across the south side and head up through the cliff bands to the west ridge near the top.

There is some loose rock at the cliff bands, but if you pick your route carefully, it's not a problem. There is a lot of wildlife and wildflowers up there.

JustinShapiro

by JustinShapiro » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Alright thanks you guys that really helps

Return to Colorado