...without leaving the comfort of your sofa...???

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
clmbr

...without leaving the comfort of your sofa...???

by clmbr » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:02 pm

I met her on Mt Shasta in 2010. I was leaving Helen Lake while she arrived. We talked for a while and exchanged emails for possible future climbs together. After over three years of silence I’ve got this email:

Alison Levine's new book ON THE EDGE: The Art of High-Impact Leadership is now available for pre-order!

This holiday season you can join me on expeditions to Mount Everest, the South Pole, and various other extreme environments…without leaving the comfort of your sofa (and with the convenience of a flush toilet just down the hallway).

Is NOT it ironic?

Anyway, perhaps some of you would be interested in reading her book.

Jesus Malverde

Re: ...without leaving the comfort of your sofa...???

by Jesus Malverde » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:57 pm

clmbr,
Ok, I'll bite.
I just gotta ask..
Will you need to rope up?
JM

clmbr

by clmbr » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:46 am

Jesus Malverde wrote:clmbr,
Ok, I'll bite.
I just gotta ask..
Will you need to rope up?
JM

...to rope up where?

phydeux

by phydeux » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:41 am

Reminds me of a line from a John Prine song . . . "all my friends turned out to be insurance salesmen".

Really turns me off when someone's whole focus is self-promotion, especially in situations like you had in what you thought might have been another potential climbing partner. You turned out to be nothing more than another potential customer of the Ali$on Levine brand.

The following user would like to thank phydeux for this post
clmbr, seano

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:49 am

Reminds me of the immortal Garth Brooks (Barf Brooks?) tune ..... I've got friends in Low Places. I'd rather be in a much higher place.
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

LesterLong

by LesterLong » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:41 pm

The book won't sell. The connection between climbing and business leadership is both tenuous and already played out.

The following user would like to thank LesterLong for this post
chugach mtn boy, clmbr, Jesus Malverde

phydeux

by phydeux » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:59 am

LesterLong wrote:The book won't sell. The connection between climbing and business leadership is both tenuous and already played out.

IT might be true for the planning and logistics of a big climb (organizing all your shit and getting it to the base), but once above base camp its like trying to heard cats; everyone's operating on just a little different schedule, got their own aches and pains, wants to get up a little later or have someone else carry the extra weight that day. By the end of the trip everyone is pissed off & can't stand the sight of each other regardless of the summit successes or failures.

clmbr

by clmbr » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:42 am

Steve1215 wrote:
clmbr wrote:I met her on Mt Shasta in 2010. I was leaving Helen Lake while she arrived. We talked for a while and exchanged emails for possible future climbs together. After over three years of silence I’ve got this email:

Alison Levine's new book ON THE EDGE: The Art of High-Impact Leadership is now available for pre-order!

This holiday season you can join me on expeditions to Mount Everest, the South Pole, and various other extreme environments…without leaving the comfort of your sofa (and with the convenience of a flush toilet just down the hallway).

Is NOT it ironic?

Why's everyone treating Alison like she's an azzhole? During the 3 years of silence Climbr maybe should have emailed HER. Maybe they would have become regular climbing buddies then.

I did but this is not the point now. The point is she insulted me sending this email without even customizing the content (except the name but that's an easy computer work). She treated me like a couch potato, not someone who prefers experience from reading about it. I'm assuming the later is her primary target market. In other words, this is spam! The whole email, much longer than the fragment I posted, is just advertising.

seano

by seano » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:21 am

And, from her largely self-created Wikipedia page, makeup tips for the south pole!

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:35 am

clmbr wrote:
Steve1215 wrote:
clmbr wrote:I met her on Mt Shasta in 2010. I was leaving Helen Lake while she arrived. We talked for a while and exchanged emails for possible future climbs together. After over three years of silence I’ve got this email:

Is NOT it ironic?

Why's everyone treating Alison like she's an azzhole? During the 3 years of silence Climbr maybe should have emailed HER. Maybe they would have become regular climbing buddies then.

I did but this is not the point now. The point is she insulted me sending this email without even customizing the content (except the name but that's an easy computer work). She treated me like a couch potato, not someone who prefers experience from reading about it. I'm assuming the later is her primary target market. In other words, this is spam! The whole email, much longer than the fragment I posted, is just advertising.

Whatever you do.........DO NOT become friends on FB

The following user would like to thank Marmaduke for this post
mrchad9

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:01 am

Steve1215 wrote:^^^^^^

...stop stalking Alison Levine, Marmaduke!

You've been stalking me.....go away

Next

Return to California