Pieiller's Vallon: an exploratory trip for all

Pieiller's Vallon: an exploratory trip for all

Page Type Page Type: Article
Activities Activities: Hiking

Against the PHANTOM ancient Time

All pictures of this article are by SalVal & Osw



Way from Fénis towards Le COTEAU's SPECTERS & the balcony of LA TOURIASSE just above the ST. JULIEN HERMITAGE

The basics posts will explain you almost everything ... What you ar left to discover. Going, moving and coming up slowly, slowy. Do not miss itself! Read well the instructions below. Not only do you walk, People; But meditate, weight up ...



Viaggio da Fénis attraverso I FANTASMI di LE COTEAU & il balcone de LA TOURIASSE sin sopra l'EREMITAGGIO del SAINT JULIEN.

Panneaux e cartelli alla base vi spiegheranno quasi tutto ... Il resto dovete andare a scoprirlo Voi. Pian piano salendo. Non perdetevi! Leggere bene le istruzioni sotto. Non camminate soltanto, Gente; ma medidate meditate ...

From Le Coteau/St. Julien towards Les Druges

Incredible Exploit: on Le Coteau  Phantom  Hamlet 2013
Pieiller Vallon Summit of La Torrasse or Touriasse 2017
Arriving from Pieiller Vallon in  Les Druges Alte  2017
At Les Druges  Alte  <i>(1610m)</i> through the Pieiller 2017
From Pieiller Vallon in West towards Becca de Salé 2017


You have to be faster than running time ...


There are many ways to hike:
1) -
in fact, you can start from the last sector by taking advantage of the many existing roadways and, even, numerous interpoderal or dirt roads (Attention, often private). 2) - Begin with a median stretch by entering a path from the farther away. 3) - Alternatively, you can continue the whole path, which reaches the highest possible point from the valley floor. In this itinerary, which we propose just below, there are all three of these possibilities and the variables can be made with exclusive personal choice.

Esistono molte maniere per effettuare un'escursione:
1)-
infatti si può partire in alto dallo ultimo settore approfittando delle molte strade interpoderali poderali esistenti. 2)- Iniziare da un tratto mediano inserendosi su di un percorso che parte da più lontano. 3)- Oppure ed ancora si può percorrere integralmente l'intero sentiero che, salendo dal fondovalle, raggiunge il punto più elevato possibile. In questo itinerario, che proponiamo appena al di sotto, sono contenute tutte e tre queste possibilità e le variabili possono essere effettuate con scelta esclusivamente personale.


Bon Voyage from Fénis through the Pieiller small Valley

Ancient and integral Route directly with Departure from Floor Valley by Le Perron Fraction (582m) or from the adjacent Le Pommier (614m)

Inside the Pieiller small Valley, the Old Road to the Saint Julien Hermitage/Shrine certainly would not start from Le Coteau, but directly by the Fund Valley or Bottom with walking paths and trails now gone almost entirely into disuse, and the progressive construction of Roads Regional, Municipal and finally Intercrofting (sometimes reach up to 2500 meters them) have in practice caused him to abandon these ancient means of communication and transport livestock within individual vallons or in connection different.
Returning Topic, said the chance to return to the Old along the entire route from Fénis to the Mount Saint Julien or towards La Torrasse (1854m), even to Prapremier or Praz-Premier Alp (2011m). In this case, the start may be made by the Village Le Perron (582m), also from that adjacent of Le Pommier (614 m), going through the route n° 10 which gradually approaches the Torrent de Bioley reaching the road at an altitude of around 820 metres, here comes, but with a larger circle to the West, also the path n° 10A with the same starting point. In addition comes the route n° 11 from Tillier Hamlet (550m) and connecting to Réan Village (898m) in the Municipality of Saint Marcel. From this triple crossing of the trail goes up as n° 11A toward Southeast and reaches the farm at the Torrent de Bioley inserting the primitive n° 10 starting Le Perron.
NOTE Wherever you go, howsoever you must know that you will pass by the small Village of Boit du Chat (695m, "The Cat Box"), with the trail number 10 and following Champlan, Crou-de-Ban (926m). Just after leaving the deviation n° 10A for Marcellat (1207m; under Maison Longue and with short distance by Seissogne/Sazailland (1066m, 1220m), now into the adjacent St. Marcel Municipality) to the right (West), the itinerary continues unified along the left (West) riverbed of the Pieiller Torrent. Or with longer, but also more panoramic, follow the Regional Road in asphalt with six hairpin bends returned to the West, until you reach Le Pieiller-de-Sermoz (1075m).
Also and with parallel path along the stream of the river basin arrive always at Le Pieiller-de-Sermoz Village, "hanging" into the meadows, and, bypassing those of Maison Longue (1112m; brief diagonal deviation to the right or North) and of Le Plany (1174m; wooded fountain topped by the heads of two "vispi" (lively) small cocks), the branching n° 10B reaches Le Coteau (1234m) out halfway between the fountain and the village (1h 30s / 2h '00, in total for the Mont Saint Julien (2h '00/2h '30). From Le Coteau old Village hemi abandoned (1234m; fountain), as already mentioned above, you can go to the bottom of the valley, abandonaning to the right (West) the little Village of Le Pieiller (1230/5m; fountain in the meadow in front of three alpages), until you reach Le Plan-de-Meyes (1875m), at the foot of Mont La Torrasse or Touriasse (1854m), and from there in a short time the Alpe Bren (1961m) at the confluence of the road which reaches both Les Druges "Basse" or Low (1567m) and the "Alte" or High (1610m). Continue halfway through path n° 14 in a short time you reach the Prapremier or Praz-Premier Alp (2011m), located at the head of the valley.
This route allows, in addition to logically a harder workout, the discovery of many specific feature of the "Half Hillock" with a trip more rewarding. Factors not indifferent ...



The St.Julien above the "Half Hillock" by Fénis Commune, by SalVal


Antica ed integrale Via iniziando dalla Frazione di Le Perron (582 m) o dal vicino Villaggetto di Le Pommier (614 m)

Utilizzando il Valloncello del Pieiller, la Vecchia Strada per il Saint Julien Santuario/Eremo non partiva certamente da Le Coteau, bensì direttamente dal Fondovalle con sentieri e mulattiere ormai andati quasi completamente in disuso; la costruzione progressiva di Strade Regionali, Comunali ed infine Interpoderali (a volte raggiungono anche i 2500 metri!) hanno in pratica fatto si che s'abbandonasero questi antichi mezzi di comunicazione e di trasporto pel bestiame all'interno dei singoli valloni o nel collegamento di diversi di loro. Dicevam della possibilità di tornare all'Antico percorrendo l'intero itinerario da Fénis al Monte Saint Julien; ed anche oltre fino al Le Plan-de-Meyes (1875 m), posto ai pedi del Mont Torrasse o La Touriasse (1854 m), raggiungendo presso l'Alpe di Bren (1961 m) la strada poderale che proviene da Les Druges (1610 m). In simil caso la partenza può avvenire dalla Frazione Le Perron (582 m), oppure da quella adiacente di Le Pommier (614 m), risalendo tramite il sentiero n° 10 che s'avvicina progressivamente al Torrent de Bioley raggiungendo la carrozzabile in quota 820 metri circa; quivi giunge, ma con giro più largo ad Occidente, anche il sentiero n° 10A sempre col medesimo punto di partenza. Inoltre arriva il sentiero n° 11 dalla Frazione Tillier (550 m) e pur quello di collegamento da Réan (898 m) nel Comune di Saint Marcel. Da questo triplice incrocio il sentiero risale come n° 11A verso Sudest e raggiunge la poderale presso il Torrent de Bioley inserendosi sul primitivo n° 10 sempre di Le Perron.
NOTA
. Dovunque voi partiate dovete sapere che, sia con n° 10 che tramite la strada poderale, comunque passerete presso il piccolo Villaggio di Boit du Chat (695 m; "La Scatola del Gatto") che dai due successivi di Champlan, Crou-de-Ban (926 m). Subito dopo, lasciando a destra (Ovest) la deviazione n° 10A per Marcellat (1207 m), l'itinerario prosegue unificato sempre lungo la sponda idrografica sinistra (sempre Ovest) del Torrent de Pieiller. Oppure con percorso più lungo, ma anche più panoramico, seguire la Strada Regionale con sei tornati sempre ad Ovest. Questo tratto si trova appena al di sotto delle pendici roccioso-boschive Occidentali del Mont St. Julien (1384 m).
Ed ancora, con percorso parallelo lungo il rivo idrografico del torrente, si arriva sempre a Le Pieiller-de-Sermoz (1075 m) ed, oltrepassando quelli di Maison Longue (1112 m) e di Le Plany (1174 m; caratteristica fontana in legno sormontata dalle teste di due "vispi" galletti), con la ramificazione n° 10B raggiunge infine le baite di Le Coteau (1234 m) uscendone a metà strada tra la fontana ed il villaggio (1h '30/2h '00; in totale per il Saint Julien 2h '00/2h '30). Dal Villaggio semiabbandonato di Le Coteau (1234 m; fontana in pietra appena prima), come già sovraccennato, si può proseguire sul fondo del vallone, abbandonando sulla destra (Ovest) il Villaggetto di Le Pieiller (1230/5 m; fontana nel prato davanti alle tre baite), fino a raggiungere Le Plan-de-Meyes (1875 m), posto ai piedi del Mont La Torrasse o Touriasse (1854 m), posto sul margine Orientale del vallone. Da qui in breve tempo l'Alpe di Bren (1961 m) alla confluenza con la strada poderale che arriva sia da Les Druges "Basse" (1567 m) che da quelle "Alte" (1610 m). Continuando a mezza costa tramite il sentiero n° 14 in breve si raggiunge l'Alpe di Prapremier o Praz-Premier (2011 m), posta al colmo del vallone.
Questo percorso integralmente dal basso permette, oltre a logicamente ottenere un allenamento più duro, la scoperta di molte peculiarietà della "Mezza Collinetta" con gita più remunerativa, nonché naturalistica ed anche culturale. Fattori non indifferenti, da permettere una miglior conoscenza di questo ambiente ancora ben conservato.




La Morgettaz (1370m) in the middle of Pieiller's Vallon, by Osw




Now into the green forest towards Les Druges "Alte" under the Rouèses Range, by Osw


Comments

No comments posted yet.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.