Pista route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.96175°N / 0.68573°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Coming from Tardets, drive up to Larrau. At the entrance of the village, drive left towards the camping area. Drive for 8 km on this track ( Amubi track, a few fences ), until a little bridge over the Amubi stream; park there, the trail heads right after the bridge.

Route Description


After a short hike in the forest, cross the Pista bridge, and 100m after, go right and hike up in the forest. ( Nota: also possible to get there from Logibar parking, by crossing the Holzarte footbridge, than going westwards along the canyon of Olhado, and eventually joining the trail before Pista bridge; 90min from Logibar ).
The trail heads up in steep curves, to the S.E. and S., and gets to the small valley of Pista ( big glade ). After a walk up on a grassy slope, you get to the cayolar of Pista ( cayolar = shepherd hut, good shelter in case of storm ). The wonderful Pista waterfall, 90m high, comes down from a hole in the limestone rock. Follow the trail, to the S.S.O., to the upper part of the small valley of Ardane, before reaching the pass of Utururdineta ( Utururdinetako Lepoa, 5,460ft ~ 1664m ).
From that point, climb any of the three peaks located eastern from the pass( or all of them if you are fit enough ): Otsogorri, on the right ( S. ), Xardeka on the left ( E. N. E. ), or Kartxela, the highest, straight ahead ( E. S. E. ).
Around 4h to the summit of Kartxela, from the trailhead.

Essential Gear


No gear required, except a good map and a compass.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

KartxelaRoutes