Prospect Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
SuperChthonic

SuperChthonic - May 3, 2018 8:53 pm Date Climbed: Aug 29, 2015

Relaxing hike with a view in the middle  Sucess!

If you want to climb the 10 tallest CA Cascades you’ll need this one. Not much else to recommend it saving some views from the summit.

96avs01

96avs01 - Aug 26, 2017 2:31 pm Date Climbed: Aug 13, 2017

Dyahike with the Cinder Cone  Sucess!

Hazy views of Shasta and Lassen due to fires.

Will Newcomb

Will Newcomb - Aug 22, 2016 1:09 am Date Climbed: Jun 22, 2016

Butte Lake to the Summit  Sucess!

4 days into my troop's Lassen backpacking trip, we opted to have a layover day at Butte Lake and hike up Prospect Peak. The start of the uphill trail was rather difficult with loose dirt/sand making it hard to find decent footing. Regardless, it took around an hour and a half to arrive at the summit. The views at the top were stunning, especially to the North towards Shasta and East towards Lassen. However, it truly becomes a rewarding hike when you finish descending and can wash off all that lingering sweat in Butte Lake.

Larry Laverty

Larry Laverty - Sep 4, 2013 1:57 pm Date Climbed: Sep 3, 2013

Standard Route  Sucess!

Headed up this fella following a visit to the top of Cinder Cone. Not a soul to be seen the entire up and back. And judging from the trail, there just aint that many folks who make the trip in the course of a year. Great views await those who do though, including those of Mt.Lassen and Cinder Cone.

cdog

cdog - Aug 17, 2013 1:18 pm Date Climbed: Aug 4, 2013

nice hike  Sucess!

Had a nice hike with Amy up the Prospect Peak Trail. We had lunch on top, enjoying the views across the Park. On the way back we hiked up, over, and around Cinder Cone before looping back to Butte Lake. A great 11.3 mile jaunt.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Prospect Peak' main page