Road along the Zahnradbahn

Road along the Zahnradbahn

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.76800°N / 15.80570°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike, some snow.
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Get to Puchberg am Schneeberg's rail station. Next to it and following the tracks of the Salamander Zahnradbahn (rack-railway) is a path/road to follow.

Route Description


Just follow the path along the rack-railway. Initially you will walk on a paved road, then crossing the rails and on a dirt road. Far up, after you cross the Adolf Köglar Hut (where a path directly to the Miesel valley connects) and later the and the Baumgartner Station and hut, you will see on your letf side some marks for a path (yellow). This will go directly to the Elizabethkirchlein (temple) and the Berghochscheneeberg Hut, as well as the Waxriegel (1888 m) subsidiary summit. You will see on the far west side the Klosteralpen (2076 m) or real summit, and on the north of this summit the Fisher hut.

Essential Gear


Walking poles will make things better. Also, good clothing for the cold weather and strong winds, some times presents. Crampons are a likely to be necessary for the winter climbs.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.