" Round-erosions " structures, at the Altschlossfels ...

Have a small' quick' view on this picture ... Do you know what it is ? No, certainly ... So, I want to add a few words of explication, for this picture ! The cliffs of the Altschlossfels are very high and vertical (maximal height of ~ 35 meters). The over part of the cliff is stronger, than the under part (the over part is protecting the hikers, who are walking at the under part ! ). The Altschlossfels can also be visited, when the weather is giving rain (but warning with the storms ! ). There are many cavities, that the hikers can very good used for having a bad-weather protection. Between these two parts, there's a very small part, where there are very interesting and spectacular erosion-structures ... Like the ones, that you can see on this photo ! The round-erosions are very bizarre here. There are like bowls, which are included into the cliff ! This is another particularity of the Altschlossfels ... You have to see these round-erosions immediately, it's a very romantic spectacle for the eyes ! The Altschlossfels is the Palatinate-rock, which has the more important number of round-erosions (or sandstone-bowls) : ~ 1200 !!! So, never forget this rock of Altschlossfels : he's exceptionnal to see and all good hikers have to know this rock-paradise of the Palatinate !
Krysto
on Aug 24, 2007 10:50 am
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 328232

Comments

No comments posted yet.