Route from Mallnitz via Hindenburghöhe

Route from Mallnitz via Hindenburghöhe

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.01252°N / 13.15508°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The route is a really easy one. Starting at Mallnitz it goes up on the southern slopes of Liesgelespitze via Hindenburghöhe.
The forest is beautiful in summer, where you can find lots of blueberry! Very nice views on the whole region if the weather is clear. This walk-up is good for starting mountaineering or closing your holiday with it.

The forest under Liesgelespitze

Getting There

The mountain is located in the eastern part of the Austrian Alps. The easiest to start our route is in Mallnitz at about 20 minutes from Obervellach and at about 1-1.5 hours from Lienz or Spittal / by car/.

Route Description

Climbing LiesgeleWalk-up


Easy walk-up. No technical knowledge is needed.

Jamnig HütteJamnig Hütte from Liesgele

The route's number coming from Mallnitz is 138. You can start your journey going towards Jamnig Hütte (1745m) on the surfaced road and a few meters before you get out the village the route Nr. 138 goes into the forest on the right-hand side. Everything is signed correctly so you can't get lost.

Essential Gear

Nothing extra in summer. Crampons and ice axe needed in winter as usual.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.