RPC's Temple Crag - Moon Goddess Arete

RPC's Temple Crag - Moon Goddess Arete

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing

Couple of Words

Trying to organize our old stuff on SP. Shirley & I climbed the Moon Goddess ArĂȘte on Temple Crag over Labor Day weekend in 2004. Fun with a touch of altitude sickness...in fact, my most vivid memory of the experience was on the way down. It got dark as we were hiking down the boulder field below the start of the arĂȘtes. We left an ice ax at the base (& some jackets) & so I ran up to retrieve our sh.tuff. I searched and searched around the small snowfield only to conclude that "we've been jacked!" as stuff was nowhere to be seen. We hiked down to camp by the lake. In the morning as I was looking up towards The Crag, it occurred to me that I was searching the wrong snow field in the dark....dumb dee dumb dumb...ran up, got our stuff and barely made the flight home.

The Pic's

Moon Goddess AreteThe beautiful Moon Goddess Arete.

Sun Ribbon AreteAn unknown party starting the next door Sun Ribbon Arete.

Moon Goddess AreteShirley following somewhere below First Tower.

Moon Goddess AreteShirley and the First Tower on Moon Goddess Arete.

Moon Goddess AreteLeading pitch 8.

Moon Goddess AreteUknown party on Sun Ribbon Arete as seen from pitch 8 of Moon Goddess Arete.

Sun Ribbon AreteUknown party on Sun Ribbon Arete as seen from pitch 8 of Moon Goddess Arete.

Sun Ribbon AreteTyrolean action on Sun Ribbon next door.

Moon Goddess AretePitch 9.

Moon Goddess AretePitch 10.

Moon Goddess AreteShirley following pitch 10.

Moon Goddess AreteShirley following an off-route pitch 11.

Moon Goddess AreteLeading pitch 12.

Moon Goddess AreteView down onto Ibrium Tower from top of pitch 13.

Moon Goddess AreteShirley topping out on pitch 14, one pitch below the top.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
rpc

rpc - Jan 10, 2011 1:39 am - Hasn't voted

Re: sweet

Thanks - it's a nice route.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.