Schusterplatte / Laston dei Scarpieri From Drei-Zinnen-Huette

Schusterplatte / Laston dei Scarpieri From Drei-Zinnen-Huette

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.65720°N / 12.31660°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up, easy climb
Sign the Climber's Log

Grading the Route (by Hiking Standards)

0. Overall. From 2405 m to 2957 m, exposition SE. Marked path (old marks?), scramble and easy rock climb (UIAA I). Gears: normal hiking equipment, a helmet can be useful.
1. Effort. 650-700 m, 2 h 30 min.
2. Power. 2 - easy. Some rocks to be climbed.
3. Psyche. 3 - medium.
4. Orientation. 2 - easy.

Approach

Drei-Zinnen-Huette / Rif. Tre Cime / Rif. Locatelli, 2405 m, is the central point of Sexten Dolomites. See the Sexten Dolomites page how to get there.

Route Description

Schusterplatte, seen from...
Schusterplatte from the South

From the hut you go northwards and, crossing the eastern slopes of Toblinger Knoten, 2617 m, you reach Innichriedl / Forcella di San Candido, 2381 m. From this sadlle you continue northwards over a slope, guarded by a rock ridge and so you reach the passage into the upper part of Innichbacher Graben / Vallone del Rio di San Candido. Here an interesting view opens.

The upper part of the basin is filled with gravel, above which wild rocky walls are rising. First we descend some 60 meters, then ascend slopes in many turns. The path is not difficult, some rocky steps are detoured and higher we find ourselves on a crossroads, where the right path goes to Innichriedlknotten / Crodon di San Candido, 2891 m.

From there, the path ascends further over gravel slopes, holding towards the left, until we reach below overhanging rocks a ravine. Take care of falling stones there! We climb the ravine over a 3 meters high wall and then ascend the last 80 meters to the summit plateau.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.