Ostraja from Sadovyj

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 53.07000°N / 158.11000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike, in winter basic snow climb
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: most of it just walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Sadovyj - part of Elizovo, you need to take the bus No. 3 or a taxi to the end of steady road in Sadovyj.

Route Description


Walk on the mud road to the valley of the Chutorskaja stream. As the road end, you can continue hardly through the valley, or just turn left (3a) or right (3b) to reach one of the range above valley. Then the route continue gently to the pass between the Polovinka and Chutorskaja rivers' valleys. From the pass you take just another range to the pre-peak before the Ostraja pass. Last rocky part from the pass leads to the summit.





A ski mountaineer on the route "Ostraja from Sadovyj", Ostraja sopka is the highest peak on the left.




Descending from Ostraja sopka via the range by this route. Far away there are Avacha bay, and behind Pacific ocean. On the left, small peaks in the centre of old Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskij can be seen.

Essential Gear


In last part of the route you need crampoons, and probably ice-axe during the winter. Descending through the coulois basic avalanche safety equipment is necessary. During the summer only troubles with free stones in the last part.

Camping


Nice place to set up a camp/tent is just on the range (or little below) the pass between the Polovinka and Chutorskaja rivers' valleys. It is located by light blue in the map.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.