Sillianer Seen

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.84900°N / 12.42150°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike and Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See the Getting There Section for the general information. This route starts from the southern trailhead in Innervillgraten.

Route Description


Hochgrabe photo_id=118434

  • General data
      - Start altitude: 1586m
      - Summit altitude: 2951m
      - Prevailing exposition: W, later S
      - Type: 4h over paths
      - Protection: marked but without security
  • Effort: 1350m of altitude gain, 8km distance to the summit.
  • Power: 1 - no difficulties
  • Psyche: 1 - easy
  • Orientation: 1 - easy

    The southern ascent to Hochgrabe is the shorter one of the two normal routes but covers a larger altitude gain. The first part is a stroll along the forest road through the Einatbach Valley, which heads north directly towards Hochgrabe from Innervillgraten. The road ends at Schmdhoteralm but the following trail still does not leave the valley floor.

    At 2050m a marked trail, No 327 heads north, directly heading up the Hochgrabe and Kugelwand southern slopes. The trail is steep but gets more or less shallow near the Sillianer Seen, which you encounter above 2600m in a smeall cirque. The remaining 200m ascent to Hochgrabe follow th west ridge and here the going gets rough with several steep and exposed stretches.

    Essential Gear


    Hiking gear is sufficient. We were overtaking by a guy in jogging shoes training for the mountain marathon on the following weekend.
  • Parents 

    Parents

    Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

    HochgrabeRoutes