Ski route from Morterone

Ski route from Morterone

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.89670°N / 9.42490°E
Additional Information Route Type: Basic snow route
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: None
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Lecco follow the indications Valsassina, after reach Ballabio turn to the right and until the small village of Morterone, after the church follow the main street until a large meadow where you can park the car (1 km after the church).

Route Description


Ascend in the meadow until the woods starts. Now the path turn to the left, after 45 min the trail became steep until reaching a large area with a lot of boulder in close proximity to the Forbesette source.
Now the path became a little bit steep in the wood, at another cross stay to the right and after 20-30 min you enter the valley overhung from the cross on the top of the mountain.
With a lot of turns you ascend on this steep slope reaching Ref. Azzoni and the summit of Resegone.
Descend just under the cross of the top (quite steep, be careful) and then reach the wood and the meadow over Morterone.
Total time from the car 1.45 - 2.15 hrs.

Essential Gear


Ski mountaineering gear.
Usually the Azzoni Refuge on the top of Resegone is open (saturday and sunday) and you can ask for advice for the descent.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ResegoneRoutes