Ski-touring & snowboard trip to Titov vrv (2748 m) in the Republic of Macedonia

Ski-touring & snowboard trip to Titov vrv (2748 m) in the Republic of Macedonia

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Mar 5, 2013
Activities Activities: Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter

Add Heading Here

During our winter stay in Macedonia we realized a whole day long trip from Popova Šapka to the second highest Macedonian summit Titov vrv (2748 m) in March 5, 2013. The weather was marvelous – sun, clear sky and almost no wind. Our group consisting of 25 people with ski-touring equipment, snowboards & standard skis met at the bottom station of the double-chairlift. We didn't want to spend time ascending to the summit of Antena, se we used chairlift.

On the way to Titov vrv
Ascend to the second highest peak today (after Titov vrv), Titov vrv is on the background


Winter Macedonia
Ideal weather and ideal snow – there is not anything more to wish in the winter Macedonia


The mountain range Šar planina consists of a lot of beautiful peaks. The highest peak is Titov vrv (2748 m). The ideal start point for ski-touring trip to Titov vrv is ski-resort Popova Šapka. We started from the end station of chair-lift to ridde. The first reached summit was Antena. As the whole group was quite big, we divided into several smaller groups. We continued on the ridge to the second highest peak here in Macedonia. 6 people out of this group of 25 people skied & snowboarded down to the valley – the slope and snow were simply excellent!

Sunbathing on the way to Titov vrv
Smaller group rode down to the valley – no wind and temperature was almost tropical

 
Just below Titov vrv
Final ridge to Titov was little steep



The rest of the group continued to the pass and followingly to the summit of Titov vrv. We got together at Titov vrv again and toke a lot of photos. We prepared for the donwhill. The first stop was the previous pass. Skiers continued by many traverses to Popova Šapka, whereas snowbaorders climbed on rocky slope again. There was almost from the top excellent downhill – firstly on hard surface and followingly also in about 15 cm of fresh powder snow.

Summit of Titov vrv
25 people from the tour organized by Naboso o.s. & MountainSki.cz on the summit of Titov vrv


Have a fun at Titov vrv
On the summit of Titov vrv

We returned to Popova Šapka quite soon as the sun was still visible. Our popular requirement for ski-touring trips was not filled – headlamp with us.

Skiing from Titov vrv
Downhill from Titov vrv with the peak Bakardan in the background

Ascend to Bakardan
On the way back from Titov vrv we ascended again to Bakardan (2704 m)






Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - May 8, 2013 11:58 am - Voted 10/10

Awesome

As a backcountry skier myself.....all I have to say is......EPIC, AWESOME, KICKASS.......need I go on?

Thanks for sharing this one with all of us on SP.

Happy Trails
-TyeDyeTwins-

bigairbear

bigairbear - May 8, 2013 12:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Very cool

Definitely not your usual summitpost post. Must meet the bikini chicks! Thanks.

palic

palic - Jun 1, 2013 4:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very cool

:-) I think this kind of post is quite usual for me - at least at www.mountainski.eu

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Shar planinaTrip Reports