South Peak

South Peak

Page Type Page Type: Album

South Peak, 11,400+', Hoover Wilderness, Sierra Nevada

"South Peak", 11,400+', unnamed on topo, apparently got its name for being the peak on the south side of Virginia Lakes across from Dunderberg Peak.
It offers sweeping views of Lundy and Lake Canyons and all the peaks that rise above their drainages to the south and west. There is also a fine view of Dunderderg Peak as well as views out to Bridgeport Valley and Mono Lake. Directions to South Peak: Just north of Conway Summit on Hwy. 395 take the road to Virginia Lakes. Drive 5 miles west to the trailhead parking. The northwest ridge of South Peak is directly above you to the south. Take the trail to Red Lake and start up the class 1-2 ridge. The trailhead is 9,800'. It can easily be done in a half day with time to burn on the summit.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Redwic

Redwic - Oct 10, 2008 8:04 am - Voted 10/10

This SP page needs work.

CONS:
The top portion needs to show the STATE, ELEVATION, LATITUDE/ LONGITUDE, etc. This is all vital information to SP users. This will also greatly assist with the SP Search Engine. Currently, I have NO CLUE where this mountain is located.

The summit route needs more information. It is currently quite vague. This SP page feels like it was just made for the sake of making a page. In example, the headings say "Add Heading here" and "External Links", rather than "Overview" and "Directions".
(If you would like any assistance with formatting your SP page, I would be happy to help. I'm sure other SPers would, as well.)

PROS:
I like the few photos you include.

I always like reading about new peaks previously not posted on SP.
------------

I will change (increase) my vote for this SP page after you at least include the STATE, ELEVATION, and LATITUDE/ LONGITUDE information to the top of the page.

NOTE: This is purely constructive criticism. I think SP pages should have their authors' feel to them, while still providing the basic information needed for research and location purposes.
:-)

Noondueler

Noondueler - Aug 3, 2009 12:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: This SP page needs work.

I changed this to an album some time back if you want to change your vote. I've learn how to put up M&R's since then. Cheers!

Redwic

Redwic - Aug 3, 2009 12:55 am - Voted 10/10

Re: This SP page needs work.

Thanks for letting me know the update. I have revised my vote.
BIG KUDOS on the album!!! :-)

Noondueler

Noondueler - Aug 3, 2009 1:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: This SP page needs work.

Thanks Redwic!!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4