The Backelstein climbing rock

The Backelstein climbing rock

BACKELSTEIN : this is one of the most famous and popular climbing rocks, located in the region of Hauenstein ! With a total height of more than 50 meters, is the Backelstein the highest of his class, by Hauenstein ! The site is easy to reach, with a very picturesque and good marked and degaged path. As seen from his base, is the crag very impressive, vertical : respect ! The site is clean, proper, good " walkable " . From the summital part, which is accessible with the help of a wood stair, you will have a giant panorama, falling very deeply and wildly, into the Backelstein - Halde valley ... The neary crags of Burghalder and Dörreinfels, can be seen easily from thereover. The Backelstein was, in a very old period (Middelage ! ), a typical wood-castel. On the summit, you will discover a lot of remains and rests of holes, which were utilised for building wood constructions ... The Backelstein is very agreable, comfortable enough, and very interesting to visit and especially, to photography ! Equally, the climbers will be at the seventh sky here : there are climbing routes, which are reaching the tenth difficulty level ! Not bad, isn't it ? Have too much pleasure and sensations here, in this fantastic rock of the Palatinate !!!
Kikee
on Feb 11, 2008 3:15 pm
Image Type(s): Rock Climbing
Image ID: 380195

Comments

No comments posted yet.