The central ravine in the west face

The central ravine in the west face

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.36000°N / 13.87000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Basic snow climb
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 35° , UIAA I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


You come to the plateau Pokljuka from the Bled or from the Bohinj valley.
The road from Bled is as a rule transportable and you drive to Pokljuka to the crossing with macadam road to the Rudno polje. Here you park and then follow the macadam road to the turning from macadam road to the Triglav.

Route Description


You are on the magistral to the Triglav. In Winter here is not a lot of people. You cross the west slope of Visevnik ( be careful of snow slides!) through to the small basin under the last slope to meadow Jezerce under the Veliki Draski vrh, Mali Draski vrh and Visevnik. In some way to this place you can come from meadow Konjscica. To the Konjscica you come from Pokljuka or from Uskovnica.

Now you start with ravine. If the ravine is in whole covered with snow you won`t have problems with rock jump. But this snow jump at the start is not very hard ( UIAA I).

In lower part you climb directly in the ravine but in upper part you can climb over the all slope. You have more variants.

You come on the SW ridge from ravine and you have a few minutes to the summit. Be careful in that part of route because ice on the ridge.

Essential Gear


crampons, ice pick, rope

The ravine is in good conditions nice to skiing.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

VisevnikRoutes