Trekking nearby Grossvenediger

Trekking nearby Grossvenediger

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Scenery

About

These photos were taken during a summer trip to visit Grossvenediger. Although I did not manage to summit this popular peak due to exhaustion, the trek up the Maurertal, the crossing to Dorfertal and the descent in the latter gave me lots of nice views and I felt absolutely satisfied with the trip. Here's a short account of what happened:

Day 1:
Budapest -> Hinterbihl by car, then trekking up to Essener-Rostocker Hütte in the Maurertal, enjoying the rainy welcome of the Alps. Extraordinary meal for dinner (about 4 times as much food as I can eat - the leftover lasted until next day's lunchtime...).

Day 2:
Taking advantage of the fine morning, we take a detour to the nearby Simonysee, then cross the ridge via Türmljoch to the neighbouring valley, Dorfertal. Taking a rest at Johannishütte, then struggling up the final ascent to Defreggerhaus. No sleep at all during the night.

Day 3:
"Don't want to go anywhere" mood in the morning. In the end I decide in favour of giving a try. Stopping at the glacier's edge and having fun taking photographs of the surrounding area, while the others have their share of fun climbing Grossvenediger. Descent to Johannishütte in the afternoon, the rain plays with me an annoying game: as soon as I gen on my poncho it stops, but when I take it off, starts over again. Very good food and sleep at Johannishütte, didn't hear a single sound of the huge overnight thunderstorm.

Day 4:
Walking down Dorfertal to Hinterbihl in perfect sunny weather, meeting friendly marmots on the way and enjoying the views of mountains, waterfalls and rock mines. Driving home in the afternoon.

For those interested in more photos from this trip, check out my hiking-photo-blog (apologies, but the captions are only in Hungarian).



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.