A Little About Me
Note: I don't check my PMs regularly, so try email if you need a quick response.
I grew up in Portland, Oregon, and I spent several great years going to college in Utah. These days I'm a software engineer in Silicon Valley. I work during the week, so I mostly get out on the weekends.
When in doubt, I usually take the safe way out. Better to run away and play another day, I say. All technical climbing involves risk, and I'm comfortable with that. I'm just not comfortable with being stupid.
See you out there!
- My web site: pictures and trip reports.
- My Picasa site: pictures, mostly of outdoor stuff.
- My blog: trip reports.
- Mountaineering. I have basic avalanche and glacier travel skills.
- Sport climbing. I'm pretty conservative about leading (only up to 5.7 or 5.8), but I can follow or TR harder routes. I used to climb pretty often in Rock Canyon in Utah.
- Canyoneering. I discovered canyoneering in 2007, and I love it! I've done a few canyons in Zion and the Swell. I was lucky to live in Utah where so many amazing canyons were so close. I miss them.
- Skiing. (but I haven't really done it much recently)
- Hiking and backpacking.
I'd like to learn trad climbing and ice climbing.
Wish List2008 Winter Peaks
- Mount Nebo
- Mount Timpanogos via Everest Ridge - attempted 1 Mar 2008, but turned back due to scary avalanche conditions
- Mount Olympus - 18 Feb 2008
- Lone Peak - 26 Jan 2008
- Mount Hood - postponed until 2009 due to travel plans
- Mount Rainier - postpost until 2009 due to travel plans
- Gannet Peak - postponed until 2009 due to travel plans
- Borah Peak
- Englestead Canyon - attempted 27 Sept 2008, but did Birch Hollow and Orderville instead due to a late start and flash flood conditions
- Mystery Canyon
- Behunin Canyon - 6 Sept 2008
- Bluejohn Canyon
- Grand Canyon via Havasupai - 27-29 June 2008