Val d'Aviolo

Val d'Aviolo

Page Type Page Type: Album

some info about the valley

the Aviolo valley is the westernmost one of the northern valleys of Adamello group.
It starts from Vezza d'Oglio (small town on the road from Edolo toward Tonale pass) with the name of Val Paghera, the upper part, named Val d'Aviolo (the glacier one) ends to the South with the walls of Corno Baitone and its ridges.
Mountains are all rather easy, very fine for easy alpinism, not available for ski-mountaneering and a little too difficult for hiking ...
The old glacial basin is now divided into 2 parts, the upper one (S) is a very fine environment full of fresh water small streams, the lower one (N) hosts a fantastic green lake closed by a small dam.
Easy to arrive here : from Vezza d'Oglio follow, toward S a steep descending road for Val Paghera and Albergo Cascata, just few beyond it, near the starting point of a telpher you can park the car.
Here starts the path 21, very steep but not tiring, that in little more than 1 hour (~ 450m of difference in elevation) leads you to the dam of the lake and the near Rifugio Aviolo.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.