Via ferrata Seeben / Seebener Klettersteig

Via ferrata Seeben / Seebener Klettersteig

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: D/E (Kurt Schall A->E)
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Via ferrata Seeben is a very sportive, steep and breezy iron route in the Mieming Range, Tyrol Austria. This exposed route rises 250 meters above Ehrwald at a pitch of Ehrwalder Sonnenspitze. This via ferrata leads next to a waterfall to Seebensee a very colorful lake in the Mieming Range. From the exit of the route you can go to the lake in 20 minutes. If you want to do this route you should continuing to Seebensee, because you can have a great view to Zugspitze and the Mieming mountains at Seebensee. The route has a difficult of D/E of the Kurt-Schall-Scala (A->E). My experience tolds me that you must have a good physical condition whether the route is not so long.

You can see here a topo of the via ferrata.

Via ferrata SeebenThe route is right of the waterfall.





 
The beginning of Via ferrata Seeben
 
The wall of the via ferrata from "Hohen Gang"
 
Seebensee

Getting There

FROM GERMANY
From Munich via Highway A95 to Garmisch-Partenkirchen and continuing in direction of FERNPASS on B23 and austrian 187 to Ehrwald. In Ehrwald following the signs to Cablecar Ehrwalder Alm.

FROM AUSTRIA
From the Inn-valley on 189 East or 189 West to NASSEREITH and on 179 via FERNPASS to Ehrwald. In Ehrwald following the signs to Cablecar Ehrwalder Alm.

Weather in this region

TIME:
From parking at the cablecar-station to the beginning of the route: 3/4 - 1h
Via ferrata Seeben: 1 - 1,5h
To Seebensee: 20min
Down via the route "Hohen Gang": 2h



Some pictures

Via ferrata SeebenThe upper part of Via ferrata Seeben.
Via ferrata SeebenThe middle part of Via ferrata Seeben.
EhrwaldEhrwald from via ferrata Seeben.

Books and Co

BOOKS
- Jentzsch-Rabl, Jentzsch, Wissekal - Extreme Klettersteige in den Ostalpen (Book of the hardest via ferratas of the Eastern Alps.)

- Hüsler - Hüslers Klettersteigatlas Alpen (The standard-book of via-ferratas in the Alps.)

MAPS:
Wettersteingebirge-Zugspitzgebiet WK 5 - 1:50.000 - ISBN: 3-85491-007-X

Geography
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.